Electric window problem

LiamA3

Reaction score
Hey guys, got abit of a problem on my hands.

The last few days my o/s electric window has been playing up, the window will not go up or down when the door is closed but will work with the door open. I though this must be something wrong with the wiring coming out of the door and into the car. So I gave it a little tug, as you do :blush: and then it completely went, doesnt work at all.

Theres a small clicking noise when I press the switch but the window does not go up or down, worst of all its stuck half open.

Has this happend to anyone else, is it a common problem? Ive found articles on google about a broken clip but in all these case people can pull the window up with their hands, which I cant, its just not me ive had the AA out twice and they couldnt do anything either.

Please help, I dont want to go to audi who will no doubt charge a bazillion pounds.

Thanks for looking, Liam.

Check the fuse first !
take the door panel off,disconnect the window push it up with ya hands and wedge a piece of wood underneath...take the plastic trim of the footwell and check the wiring,it go's from there to the door,its obviously something there thats why its stopped working when you gave it a tug.

Ill give it a go on wednesday as its my day off, I dont understand though as power must be going through because theres a noise coming from behind the door card when I press the window switch, best just taking it apart and having a look.

Thanks, Liam.

sorry missed that bit..........may well be the switch,im not 100% sure if this will work,take switch off the drivers and try that,if it fits,id check the wiring first...my bets on that...let me know how ya get on.......i had this happen on my a4 and wires looked ok....but was split rite at the very end....look carefully.

I think im going to have to be very patient on this one, thanks for the advice, ill try the switch first. Maybe ill have to give in and take it to a garage.

Thanks.