Oil change, your prices?

A3Bash

Reaction score
Car is due for an oil change on my 1.4T A3, best I can get quoted is £150 for the 5w30 longlife and filter change. Any of you guys got better prices elsewhere?

My last LL service the oil was £100 so £150 with filter and fitted sounds about right. It will always be cheaper at an indipendant and you will probably get better oil.
Audi use Castrol as std now which is pretty crap in long life form compared to the Mobil1 they used to use......or so the service tech told me :)

Buy the oil and filter in the parts department after you have asked what the Labour content is. You could save £50!

i get everything at trade price but im using castrol magnetec 5w 30 fully synthetic oil with a oil filter from tps

i get everything at trade price but im using castrol magnetec 5w 30 fully synthetic oil with a oil filter from tps

Where do you buy 4l of Magnetec AND a filter for £15???? Even at trade prices I reckon £30-£40 would be good!!

Where do you buy 4l of Magnetec AND a filter for £15???? Even at trade prices I reckon £30-£40 would be good!!

ASDA were knocking out magantec at 5 litres for £15 a few weeks back, my dad got 20 litres worth!! Said it would "come in handy" lol Not sure what rating it was though as i didnt pay much interest as it was wasnt suitable for my derv

Car is due for an oil change on my 1.4T A3, best I can get quoted is £150 for the 5w30 longlife and filter change. Any of you guys got better prices elsewhere?

I got charged that for my S3 so I don't know if it's thats the standard price for an oil service across the board or your getting stung.

Audi and vw garages use quantum oil for long life services

I still reckon fnmrst is highly optimistic thinking he can get 4l and a filter of proper oil for £15 even at Eurocarparts Trade prices!!

Yes, apparently only in UK though, Quantum is a UK Volkswagen invention (apparently blended by Castrol but not the same formula as their own VW507 longlife oil),

This is true - i just chaged the oil and filter myself - i begrudge paying silly prices the stealers charge.

I paid £99 (and a free 60 plate A3 courtesy car) for a long life oil and filter change at Stafford Audi, I think this is a great price as well as for the stamp too in case I may need some "goodwill gestures" in the future.

I paid £99 (and a free 60 plate A3 courtesy car) for a long life oil and filter change at Stafford Audi, I think this is a great price as well as for the stamp too in case I may need some "goodwill gestures" in the future.

A fair price I reckon. 30 mins labour + parts and oil!!

And don't forget a 60 plate A3 to drool over!

They'll be out of date in less than 2 months Dean!!

;-)

I payed £79.00 for a interim oil service form Stafford Audi, great ppl and v. helpful

Yes, apparently only in UK though, Quantum is a UK Volkswagen invention (apparently blended by Castrol but not the same formula as their own VW507 longlife oil),

Castrol? My quantum is made by Shell?! They give me the leftovers in a little bottle/bag for the boot.

As far as i can make out all third party packaged oils come from Fuchs in Stoke. These include Halfords which is Castrol GTX and Tesco's, Fuchs own brands as well as silkolene and Quantum. I was told that Quantum is a trade name adopted by VAG but is basically, like halfords a Castrol base. DYOR.

I still reckon fnmrst is highly optimistic thinking he can get 4l and a filter of proper oil for £15 even at Eurocarparts Trade prices!!

Tesco are selling Magnatec 4L 5W30 for just over £15 atm... i might go stock up.

as paddy has said i would avoid castrol oil if your going for the long life service!

No response to the above and intersting to see Subs post re Tesco prices, may check that out for top ups.

Thankfully paid absolutely nothing for mine under the fixed price service deal I was offered when I bought it.....which is due to run out shortly.

Thankfully paid absolutely nothing for mine under the fixed price service deal I was offered when I bought it.....which is due to run out shortly.

Wasn't that £250... although dealer gave us ours free for some reason... far better gift than an Umbrella!

Wasn't that £250... although dealer gave us ours free for some reason... far better gift than an Umbrella!

yeah i reckon just as you're about to close the deal if you ask for free servicing they'll probably throw it in. it costs them peanuts and if it sells them a car...

Not that I recall....may have been some local deal.