Audi Concert Stereo PROBLEM

jav786

Reaction score
hello guys

worst night ever, go to a house party with a couple mates and ma g.f.
chilling as we do having a good time, mate goes give me your car keys i wanna go 4 a fag.
bear in mind he was a little piised.

he didnt drive thank god, but the idiot took a plastic open top drink into my car and put it in the holder above the stereo, now i 100% know the stereo was working on the way no problems what so ever.
i get in the car about to leave and the stereos display screen is just red, the other stereo lights such as CD, RDS have just gone blank, sometimes they light up and go off on there own accord kind of like disco flashing lights WIERD, had a little look around the seems to be signs of water or in this case the idiots drink where hes either knocked or split it onto the stereo.

Confronted ma mate, showed him hes like i dont no what happened? hes ****** OBV.
I told him my story, about how it was definetely working earlier as he herd it 2.
he goes he'll pay 4 it.

The question is?

1.......... Am i right in assuming I need a new stereo?
2.......... the red lights is even on now, once the cars locked and parked up? is this going to drain my battery?

Everything is working normally bar the stereo?

sorry about the rant, im jus flipping WISHING i didnt give him my keys, cuz if i didnt I would have still had MUSIC in my car :( :(

so ****** off :(

Jav

lol that's still a fair bit better than my christmas wknd has been lol...

getting hold of a new concert shouldn't be that hard tbh. they're not very sought after so you should be able to pick one up cheap.

i'm assuming you have one of the older Concert stereos - maybe this is an opportunity to change to double DIN?

in any event i'd probably unplug the battery to stop it draining, and maybe go over the unit with a hairdryer. there's a small possibility that it could start up again once the liquid's dry and it's no longer shorting out but i wouldn't hold my breath.

i just wouldnt have gave someone ****** my keys
he could have been done for drunk in charge also you for allowing him your keys
you both got off lightly

**** the spell check it never works when your useing the phone

get a hair dryer on the case jav ive had this before i spilt some water on it it went all red like you described and luckly i fixed it with compressed air in work but a hair dryer would do the job i would have thought if not then i would dis connect it otherwise you might have a dead battery , and as said if you cant fix it then im sure there is allways plenty on ebay going cheap

Well i sold a single-din concert on ebay there few weeks ago which was left from when I put in the RNSE, it sold for £91 + delivery which I was not expecting in the slightest

Just keep an eye out there for one with code, or change to double-din would make more sense considering

I also have to question where's your loaf, who gives there car keys to a ****** mate, count yourself lucky I'd say.

As for radio, as already stated, remove, dismantle, clean up liquid & blow dry & see if works ok again, if not grab one of the bay.

I had the same problem with my stero but it was not water the facia front was not making conact just push on the front and then try the knobs
My CD worked ok
It was the front that had broke away just glued it back
Hope this helps

cheerz guys, will try the hairdyer trick tomorrow?
as 4 why i gave him my keys, hes my first cousin i trust him, he wudnt have drove he cnt drive. so driving wernt a worry 4 me.
cheerz anyway guys. appreciate it alot.

IF anyone has a audi CONCERT stereo lying about...? or willing to sell it me? you will be doing me a BIG favour?
you can private message me or email me on Jav_Cool786@hotmail.com

Also guys?
a lot of the stereos on ebay do not come with CODES?

Firstly whats the chances of the computer asking for a code?
second how do i go about geting a code if It dont come with one?

You'll have to change your cage for a double DIN one. I recently sold a cage to Russo2k5 and Smoothie's done it too. You'll need a new hazard button, card tray and climate unit tho (the other buttons are a straight swap). the Climate units you can pick up fairly inexpensively. You could probably get a broken one and just swap the internals over which would be nice and easy.

Best of luck

Last edited:
Also that concert unit is for an A4. You'll need to swap the faceplate, so you're better off with an A3 one

ive 2 single din concerts both with codes if you stuck make me an offer and its yours

My advice mate, would be if you end up havin to replace the concert then go for the double-din setup, much nicer and if you ever decide to install the RNSE like I said then half the work will already be done

Also you can stick your broken concert on eBay explaining the damage to it of course....someone, somewhere always looking spares

i like the look of the new style concert radio how much would it cost me to swap for the double din one ie how much are the cages/ hazard button etc.. is it really expensive to do ??

quick question guys?

I have not got any stereo release keys for the audi concert cd player?
is there any other way i can go about releasing the stereo?

many thanks.

Jav

i like the look of the new style concert radio how much would it cost me to swap for the double din one ie how much are the cages/ hazard button etc.. is it really expensive to do ??

For the cage and the FACELIFT buttons you're looking at £75 brand new from Audi, and then maybe £200 for a HU off eBay if you're looking for a concert or symphony.

I think there might be an issue with reception tho cos the aerials are different or something. Need to look into it before you take the plunge

quick question guys?

I have not got any stereo release keys for the audi concert cd player?
is there any other way i can go about releasing the stereo?

many thanks.

Jav

Call up your local dealer. If you pop th car down they should do it for you