AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    6th Gear

Status

Does anyone have the AMI Bluetooth adapter?

Wondering if anyone here has the Bluetooth adapter for the AMI and can offer any opinions on how well it works.

When used with an iPod, for example, does it offer the same functionality as the wired connection, with full access to Playlists, Artists, Albums and so on?

If anyone is using it with an iPhone and has the phone prep fitted too, can the phone maintain bluetooth connections to both the phone system and the AMI simultaneously?

Thanks for any info.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

2. # ADS
    ADS

TDI S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    Wondering if anyone here has the Bluetooth adapter for the AMI and can offer any opinions on how well it works.

When used with an iPod, for example, does it offer the same functionality as the wired connection, with full access to Playlists, Artists, Albums and so on?

If anyone is using it with an iPhone and has the phone prep fitted too, can the phone maintain bluetooth connections to both the phone system and the AMI simultaneously?

Thanks for any info.

I plug my iPhone into the AMI while Bluetooth is activated on it, it connects to Audi Bluetooth flawlessly and I can listen to all my tracks as fully displayed on the RNS-E simultaneously.

Kills two birds with one stone in my opinion!

6th Gear

Status
    That's one option I suppose - I presume the AMI connection charges the iPhone too?

I'd still love to know whether an iPhone can maintain simultanous BT connections to both the phone and AMI systems as this would alleviate the need to plug it into the AMI each time you get in the car. Could also buy the cradle to provide charging and sharkfin aerial connectivity.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors