Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    How about 21k for a 1.2T one...... Bonkers I think... It's not as if they are fun to drive in this combo. Nice enough colour though

Audi A3 Sportback 1.2 T FSI S-line

OR ten months older, nominal miles and 1100 of Open Sky thrown in. Much better proposition IMHO

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 T FSI S-Line Manual With Open Sky
    our 1.6 was bought then A3s weren't all that popular. the SB hadn't even been released, nor had the 2.0T engine. considering the car had only been released the year before not that many used examples were available for sale, and the ones that were had held their value well enough to make anything other than buying new a pointless exercise.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Lets all buy 1.0 Nissan Mircas (prefably the two toned purple colour, with extra finishing black plastics) and have done with it.

In relation to the price to the engine what about this - 85 C RENAULT TRAFIC T1000 MOTORHOME 1.6 /// VAN X LTD on eBay (end time 25-Dec-10 12:05:01 GMT)

Can't be bad, I bet the 2.0T is only a couple of hundred more - You guys need to shop round abit more!

On a serious note, A LOT of people cannot get insured on larger engines. I have experienced the 1.6 and I wouldn't class it as a slow car - It would have your average Vauxhall! The engine brings down the prices of the car as a standard model (which has now been replaced with the efficent 1.2T)

Your considering buying that 1.6 Renault Trafic T1000 Motorhome arn't you?
    Last edited by MattyW19; 24th December 2010 at 22:50.
    Picked up on the 30th May!

2013 '13' Plate - Audi TT 1.8 TFSI S Line Roadster | Ibis White | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather/Suede with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim

Gone but won't be forgotten! 2011 '11' Plate - Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line | Ibis White | Privacy Glass | iPod Dock | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim | S3 Pedals

6th Gear

Status
    Larger engines do not Automatically mean higher Insurance... it's an Urban Myth.. Take a look at 2008 1.4TFsi Golf versus 1.9Tdi..

Now that Motorhome looks tempting. Would RS4 Alloys fit.

Happy Christmas all..
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    Larger engines do not Automatically mean higher Insurance... it's an Urban Myth.. Take a look at 2008 1.4TFsi Golf versus 1.9Tdi..

Now that Motorhome looks tempting. Would RS4 Alloys fit.

Happy Christmas all..
    Not sure you're right there. The larger the engine, or the more power it gives, the more the insurance. There's a reason a lot of teenagers have little 1.0l Corsas or 1.2l Clios.

Merry Christmas People!

2009 '09' A3 1.6 Sport, Ibis White, Privacy Glass, Ipod Dock

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3 Sport View Post
    Not sure you're right there. The larger the engine, or the more power it gives, the more the insurance. There's a reason a lot of teenagers have little 1.0l Corsas or 1.2l Clios.

Merry Christmas People!

I was responding to the assertion that the larger the engine the higher the Insurance which is not necessarily true, there are lots of factors most importantly Power as you say which is exactly the point I was making. A 2.0Tdi Golf is less to insure generally than a 1.4 TFSi A3.

Back to the Bah Humbugs.....
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    I was responding to the assertion that the larger the engine the higher the Insurance which is not necessarily true, there are lots of factors most importantly Power as you say which is exactly the point I was making. A 2.0Tdi Golf is less to insure generally than a 1.4 TFSi A3.

Back to the Bah Humbugs.....
    Okay well im talking about the 1.6 A3. Everybody seems to think thats its daft spending 20k on a 1.6 A3, and I dont see why.. if someone is limited to the smaller engined A3's (or lesser powered A3's), then theres nothing wrong with having a specced up one, even if its not the quickest thing around. Also if I want an A3, it costs more to insure a 2.0TDI A3 than it does to insure a 1.4TFSI A3 for my age group, and less still for the 1.6 - which in all honesty, is a responsive, revvy motor, and is easily powerful enough for everyday driving.

On the other hand, my friends dad (insurance isn't really an issue) would only have the smallest engine available in a car as 'you can only do 30mph'. But it wont stop him getting a specced up car with one of the lower powered engines. So, it is just down to peoples circumstances.

Ive spent wayy too much time on here today.. especially for Christmas Day!

2009 '09' A3 1.6 Sport, Ibis White, Privacy Glass, Ipod Dock

6th Gear

Status
    I know.... 1.4 TFsi Group 19 2.0Tdi Group 24 1.9Tdi Group 17... 1.6 Group 14.... Maybe you have a pont but it's worth checking actual cost..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12