Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Increased stationery RPM's on 2007 2.0 TDi (140) ?

Anybody else getting this ?

It's fairly random, but have found that it's mainly since the temperature's dropped (had it before the snow) :

Basically, the car usually sits on 800 rpm, but has decided to increase to 1000 rpm at random moments AFTER I've driven off and pulled up at lights, or stopped in traffic.

The strange thing is, it's not ALL the time.

I bought some Redex a while back, hoping that this may help, or do the trick. It did 'seem' to do the job, although it may have been pure coincidence - which I believe it to be, as it's started doing it again.

There are no lights coming on the dash display. So just wondering if any other diesels out there are getting this, and what it all means ?

It kinda speaks to me like the old days when you used to have to use the manual choke, and the car would rev high for a while, until the engine settled. It's just odd that it doesn't happen when you START the car.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Sounds like the DPF regenerating to me but I didn't think the DPF was fitted to the 140 in 2007 - could be wrong though.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Dec
    2nd Gear

Status
    I get this on my '04 2.0tdi. Only seems to do it when the engines cold so I just assumed it was down to some sort of choke as you mentioned. Like yours, mine only seems to do it AFTER i've actually driven it down the road, so not really sure! I dont seem to have had any problems with the car though, it did it last year and again this year. A few of my mates newer cars do it as well, so wouldn't have thought its anything to worry about!

Could be wrong though

'04 A3 2.0 TDI.

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks guys. That's a bit of a relief Dec. I've not had it happen on a car before, apart from the older choke models, but just wanted to make sure I'm not alone on this. Still, the car still runs fine, so I'll not go panicking yet.

Vertigo1 : You're right, in one way, my 140 don't have DPF - just the manual gear shift.

:)

Status
    DPF= Diesel particulate filter

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriminal View Post
    Thanks guys. That's a bit of a relief Dec. I've not had it happen on a car before, apart from the older choke models, but just wanted to make sure I'm not alone on this. Still, the car still runs fine, so I'll not go panicking yet.

Vertigo1 : You're right, in one way, my 140 don't have DPF - just the manual gear shift.
    I dont get this issue! put vag on it and check for faults,check what coolant temp is stated in vag-com,although it maybe showing 90 (half way) on your instrument cluster,it may not be showing that in vag,it wont come up as a fault....IVE pm'd you!
    Full leather/19"wheels/cruise/

ste
    reverse gear

Status
    hi, got the same issue on my 2.0 tdi [140] bhp. these models dont have DPF fitted to them. must be a reason for this happening?

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    It`s a slight design fault in the engine, To raise the rpm via vagcom i have copied a post that mike foster did so all credit is to him:
    This is for version 908 :-
    Ignition on - engine off

Select Engine controller 01
    Select Measuring blocks 08
    Select 'Go' in Group 1
    Start Engine ( you may be able to start engine earlier but I don't )
    Hit 'Turbo' button at top of page
    Select 'Done'
    Select Adaptation - 10
    Change channel to 06 and hit 'Read'

First figure shows actual rpm
    Stored value shows rpm as originally set ( mine is 840 )
    New value will show same figure

Use up/down buttons to change revs and when happy press 'Test' to see if ok

If ok then hit 'Save' and close otherwise fiddle around with revs and test until happy.
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by martinivw View Post
    DPF= Diesel particulate filter

Duh !....I should've been blonde !!

Too many short acronyms out there - I was thinking DSG