STEINBAUER Tuning Technologies??

elgan

Reaction score
Since ive had my 2007 S3 i noticed a box attached to the battery box. Didint pay much attention to it, assumed it was standard fit. While trying to sort my fuel pressure problem today i noticed a URL address on the box www.steinbauer.cc
Reading between the lines it seems to be a tuning box of some description? I dont know if its a switch on and off item, if so where would the switch be located?

When I was looking at them on my old diesel mk4 Golf, they were not switcheable AFAIK. Maybe see whether your type of box is on their website still?

yeah theres a bit about it on their website. and its an option to make it switchable, and even by remote. this was fitted to the car when i had it, but i wasnt aware what it was or how it worked. i had it remapped to stage one myself and it made a difference to whatever it was running, which is what made me assume the steinbauer must have been switchable?

ive looked into this box a bit more today. interesting bit of kit. retails at £849, no wonder there arent many users on here. its got a potentiometer in the box which can be adjusted from high to low (for various power levels). i had a fiddle today and its now up and running fine. at full bore on the potentiometer they quote 319bhp and 440nm torque. its definatley on par with my previous 'flashed' map, if not better.

their website offer an add on / accessory to switch the box on and off, either by a manual in car switch or by a remote switch. had a scan on ebay, a remote switch sounds like something i would like, theres a grey wire which is earthed to disable the box so its pretty simple. anyone know where i can find a decent price remote kit to switch the earth on and off? i dont fancy running new wires into the car and drilling holes in the dash for switches.

The guy who was talking to me about these boxes fits lots to tractors to get a cheap power upgrade & did a great job of fixing my old car when everyone else couldn't, so I trust him as a decent guy.

Give him a call & ask if he can supply the box for you - call Fuel Injection Services on 01704 893354 & ask for Steve. Trouble is they're deffo on hols between xmas & new year, coz I was trying to get the wife's car booked in for a service...

Good luck...

ive already got a box fitted to my car. just didnt realise i had it lol. impressed with it, going to look if theres a software update to carry it up to a stage 2+ level of tune in the new year.