Milltek Exhaust help

BigBird

Lost in music...
Reaction score
Hi,

I've picked up a Milltek resonated TBE at a reasonable price for my early '07 3 door S3. It was off a Sportback, but the Milltek tech guy said it'd be simple to cut down the centre section pipe by 25mm to make it fit the 3 dr, so I bought it. 2 questions:

1. Milltek tell me that the DP is the same for 3 dr & sportback, yet my fitter can't make it fit without rubbing on the propshaft. It worked fine on a 5 dr, so is it just my fitter's ability?
2. When I rang Milltek again to check on the 3 dr vs 5 dr thing, the second tech guy said I'd have to lose the additional 25mm from the rear exit pipes behind the rear silencer, then reweld the stainless pipe. Not the same advice as the first Milltek guy. Anyone help with which section needs chopping down when making a 5 dr zorst fit the 3 dr? It seems easy to chop a bit off one of the centre section pipes, but chopping off and rewelding the rear pipes seems much more involved...

I've tried much searching of threads, but no success. I only bought it coz I was advised it was an easy fit to my car!

Any help very greatfully received...:wacko:

they do fit but i dont know what part needs chopping
you need a fitter that knows what he is doing