MOT Fail - Headlight too high

karbonk

Living a little!
Reaction score
Just failed its MOT on headlight (Halogen) too high and too Right. The adjustment screws seem knackered, which I thought.

I was thinking of upgrading to Single Xenon anyway, but ideally I dont want to rush it. So if I can get it through the MOT first with the standard Halogens, that would be perfect.

Now... Is there a way to adjust these to get through the MOT as I only have 10days for a retest?
Price for replacement screws are around £30 from TPS, which seem a cheap option, but no idea how to replace. Any ideas? Big job, bumper off jobbie and take headlight to pieces?

Last edited:
No idea how difficult they are to change, but if it's possible that'll be your cheapest option. Guessing it cracked when you had your little accident?

No idea how difficult they are to change, but if it's possible that'll be your cheapest option. Guessing it cracked when you had your little accident?

Ok. Just dont want to have to take that front bumper off again to find I cant fix then put it all back together then order set of Xenons. Then to have to take bumper off again to install. Right pain that bumper!! Might just jump the gun and get the Xenons. £390 Delivered for the pair! Good price?

No it was broken when I brought the car 1year ago as I remember trying to adjust them back then, thinking the headlights were all over the place. The little off I had only marked the front bumper, scratching the paint, no damage.

Last edited:
The main mounting screw holes have a bit of adjustment, maybe if you loosen the unit and twist/push it you can improve the aim enough to pass the MOT?

If you go Xenon route.. you'll need auto levelling sensors and washer jets... so not just £390.

If you go Xenon route.. you'll need auto levelling sensors and washer jets... so not just £390.

Well these aren't needed to make the Single Xenons work, but are advisory for road use. They wont fail an MOT, but compulsory when coming to the Vehicles first SVA.