EM TuningVolks Autos
    Living a little!

Status

MOT Fail - Headlight too high

Just failed its MOT on headlight (Halogen) too high and too Right. The adjustment screws seem knackered, which I thought.

I was thinking of upgrading to Single Xenon anyway, but ideally I dont want to rush it. So if I can get it through the MOT first with the standard Halogens, that would be perfect.

Now... Is there a way to adjust these to get through the MOT as I only have 10days for a retest?
    Price for replacement screws are around Ł30 from TPS, which seem a cheap option, but no idea how to replace. Any ideas? Big job, bumper off jobbie and take headlight to pieces?
    Last edited by karbonk; 20th December 2010 at 15:49.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Lacks Car Funds...

Status
    No idea how difficult they are to change, but if it's possible that'll be your cheapest option. Guessing it cracked when you had your little accident?
    2005 A3 S-Line 2.0 TDI 140 DSG

Factory: Full Black Leather - BOSE- Lights Pack - Winter Pack - Arm Rest
    Mods: iTray - Black Optics Grill - UK Pressed Plates - Bluefin - Cruise Control - Lamin-X - Rear Aero Wiper - S-Line Spoiler - Black Diamond Brake Pads - Wheels Refurbed, Gunmetal Grey - Eibach Sportline Springs
    To Do: Wheel Spacers
    Dreaming Of: RNS-E - Bluetooth - FBMFSW - S3 Rear End - MY11 Rear Lights - Big Brake Kit

Living a little!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by circleswim View Post
    No idea how difficult they are to change, but if it's possible that'll be your cheapest option. Guessing it cracked when you had your little accident?
    Ok. Just dont want to have to take that front bumper off again to find I cant fix then put it all back together then order set of Xenons. Then to have to take bumper off again to install. Right pain that bumper!! Might just jump the gun and get the Xenons. Ł390 Delivered for the pair! Good price?

No it was broken when I brought the car 1year ago as I remember trying to adjust them back then, thinking the headlights were all over the place. The little off I had only marked the front bumper, scratching the paint, no damage.
    Last edited by karbonk; 20th December 2010 at 19:10.

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    The main mounting screw holes have a bit of adjustment, maybe if you loosen the unit and twist/push it you can improve the aim enough to pass the MOT?

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC ÂŁ999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

1st Gear

Status
    If you go Xenon route.. you'll need auto levelling sensors and washer jets... so not just Ł390.
    8P Audi A3 2.0TDI Quattro Sport - what a change from my 1.0L CorsaC!!!

follow me on Twitter - Jonay1990 for #Photography #Aviation #Mil #Automotive #Subsea

Living a little!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonay View Post
    If you go Xenon route.. you'll need auto levelling sensors and washer jets... so not just Ł390.
    Well these aren't needed to make the Single Xenons work, but are advisory for road use. They wont fail an MOT, but compulsory when coming to the Vehicles first SVA.