Beep on Startup

XPOWER

Reaction score
When I start my car ever 10 times or so there is a single beep sound and a message appears for a fraction of a second on the DIS screen.

The beep sounds the same as if the fuel is running low.

The message ends with a “!”. I don't think its the depress the clutch message.

The dealer says there is no error being reported.

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

Care to give us more of idea of the image, check your manual as will show them in there

There is no image just a quick flash of a message on the upper part of the DIS screen and a beep sound.
I can't think what it could be as there doesn't seem to be a pattern to when it happens on starting.

Mine also dose this! Audi told me it because the temperature +5 or lower. But mine dose it above +5

Have you got bluefin remap on your car by any chance?

Last edited:
My car hasn’t had any remap.

I originally thought it was low battery level because my GPS logging system drains the battery after a while. By I've made sure that the battery is charged up every couple of days.

The last time it happened I thought it said “Check User Manual!” but I really can’t be sure.

Finally saw the error message on the DIS. It says “ESP Fault!” but there is no ESP warning light displayed when the car is running.

Get it scanned to see if its thrown a code mate.

I did mention it to the dealers when it went in for a service last September when it was still under warranty. They said no errors being reported.

Mine does this from time to time, I just put it down to not waiting for the heating element to time out before starting the car