Twintake Induction System

jsws3

Reaction score
How many of you S3 boys useing this twintake and what are they like do they make that induction flutter ?

How many of you S3 boys useing this twintake and what are they like do they make that induction flutter ?

I think what you're after is something the S3 isn't very noted for,i.e intake noise.

The Twintake works,no doubt,but it''s no better than the ITG,which is a far more compact and neater solution than something wth two filters on it.

Mine runs over 4440bhp very happily through an ITG system.

The thing is alex i don't wan't the induction noise as the mrs hates the flutter that why i sold my evoms .

The dbilias makes the flutter when you build the boost up and drop of the acelartor quickly.

will do mate .

tracy said your welcome .

Supposedly, the twintake is supposed to be quieter from what I have read on other forums..think it's a closed system so not quite as loud as the itg..they both roughly make the same gains though..so I guess maybe it's whether you want more noise but lose the engine cover or something quieter that looks alot neater in the engine bay.

Supposedly, the twintake is supposed to be quieter from what I have read on other forums..think it's a closed system so not quite as loud as the itg..they both roughly make the same gains though..so I guess maybe it's whether you want more noise but lose the engine cover or something quieter that looks alot neater in the engine bay.

I can't see how it's closed...it simply has two air filters instead of one.

The ITG on mine is actually pretty quiet,and the entire thing makes less noise now,with a bigger turbo,then it did before...why....I have no idea.

I have an ITG fitted and I dont think its that noisey.

Clearly your not married JSWS3 as you would have learnt to tune out when she starts moaning..........

as good as married but she has the car 5 days out of the seven as im in my transit connect in the week then weekend is play time for me .

He already said he had one but his missus didn't like it so had to get rid lol. I have the evoms and can imagine my girl hating it too. Good job I don'tbhave to share.

If you want a mad DV flutter get an Evoms ,Muneeb on here as one, sounds mental even flutters when hes accelerating.

haha i love that flutter on full throttle, problem is its really addictive!! not so good for mr mpg!!

Jungleman! Have you not seen improvements in your mpg? I swear mine I better since I put it on!

Jungleman! Have you not seen improvements in your mpg? I swear mine I better since I put it on!

well since the map and CAI if i drive like a granny then i get about 50 miles more out of a tank, only problem is that with the added noise, and power i just want to keep pushing on and then the mpg does drop quite badly!

well since the map and CAI if i drive like a granny then i get about 50 miles more out of a tank, only problem is that with the added noise, and power i just want to keep pushing on and then the mpg does drop quite badly!

Ok I guess it's due to me changing up way too early then just to hear the chatter more. Oh god I'm turning into a chav!!

haha na its not chav at all mate, its why we went for the evoms (i like blitzing it past a bus stop and gettin the chatter right for that and watching peoples heads snap round to see what it was... now thats a bit chav haha ), with the evoms, its best at about 3.5k ish, if i want to hear it thats when ill lift off for a change, if im on an out and out drive then it will be the red line (still not bad noise wise) but most the time i change up at around 2k just to help the tank last a bit longer for when i do want to have some fun.. least now im normally getting about 260-270 miles out the tank

that's making me feel a lot better about getting 330-ish miles out of a tank

yea thats what my dad gets out of his 2.0T A4, the S3 along with the quattro is quite thirsty and a killer when you drive it hard

Yep, it sucks pretty bad for fuel. Shell love me. But then again, we don't buy these cars to complain about the fuel..

haha true, the way i see it as smiles per miles and there are loads so totally worth it!!
think we should all get shares in shell, that way least we will make some money back haha

:ninja: Let's do it.

Oh and before we take this thread off topic. I have heard only good things about the twintake!

I think KRL was using one.

yea good point lol
yea afaik they are a quality CAI and as they have feeds that link straight to the outside there should be a lot less noise compared to the open filter types such as the evoms

???do you maybe have bigger tank than me????

I've just bought one ;) - going to be fitting it shortly so will post up my thoughts.

Very happy with the quality of the kit,looks well though out.

Service next week first then I'll stick it on :D

Let us know how it goes!

l got one here but don't know if l will be fitting it any time soon due a death in the family. But l would like to hear what it sounds like. Dont suppose its got any bangs or pops. that would be funny.

Last edited:
this may seem silly.... but has anyone check youtube.... may be a few vids on there showing what it sounds like