Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    2nd Gear

Status

Twintake Induction System

How many of you S3 boys useing this twintake and what are they like do they make that induction flutter ?

REVO stage 2+ , dbilias cai , apr pump, milltek tbe special h&r springs , h&r arb's

2. # ADS
    ADS

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jsws3 View Post
    How many of you S3 boys useing this twintake and what are they like do they make that induction flutter ?
    I think what you're after is something the S3 isn't very noted for,i.e intake noise.

The Twintake works,no doubt,but it''s no better than the ITG,which is a far more compact and neater solution than something wth two filters on it.

Mine runs over 4440bhp very happily through an ITG system.

2nd Gear

Status
    The thing is alex i don't wan't the induction noise as the mrs hates the flutter that why i sold my evoms .

The dbilias makes the flutter when you build the boost up and drop of the acelartor quickly.

REVO stage 2+ , dbilias cai , apr pump, milltek tbe special h&r springs , h&r arb's

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jsws3 View Post
    The thing is alex i don't wan't the induction noise as the mrs hates the flutter that why i sold my evoms
    tell the mrs thanks
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

2nd Gear

Status
    will do mate .

tracy said your welcome .

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    Supposedly, the twintake is supposed to be quieter from what I have read on other forums..think it's a closed system so not quite as loud as the itg..they both roughly make the same gains though..so I guess maybe it's whether you want more noise but lose the engine cover or something quieter that looks alot neater in the engine bay.

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tku View Post
    Supposedly, the twintake is supposed to be quieter from what I have read on other forums..think it's a closed system so not quite as loud as the itg..they both roughly make the same gains though..so I guess maybe it's whether you want more noise but lose the engine cover or something quieter that looks alot neater in the engine bay.
    I can't see how it's closed...it simply has two air filters instead of one.

The ITG on mine is actually pretty quiet,and the entire thing makes less noise now,with a bigger turbo,then it did before...why....I have no idea.

5th Gear

Status
    I have an ITG fitted and I dont think its that noisey.

Clearly your not married JSWS3 as you would have learnt to tune out when she starts moaning..........
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

2nd Gear

Status
    as good as married but she has the car 5 days out of the seven as im in my transit connect in the week then weekend is play time for me .

5th Gear

Status
    If you want a mad DV flutter get an Evoms ,Muneeb on here as one, sounds mental even flutters when hes accelerating.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    He already said he had one but his missus didn't like it so had to get rid lol. I have the evoms and can imagine my girl hating it too. Good job I don'tbhave to share.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by akash_sky1 View Post
    If you want a mad DV flutter get an Evoms ,Muneeb on here as one, sounds mental even flutters when hes accelerating.
    haha i love that flutter on full throttle, problem is its really addictive!! not so good for mr mpg!!
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
    haha i love that flutter on full throttle, problem is its really addictive!! not so good for mr mpg!!
    I know, mine is nothing in comparison what with a rear mounted DV but still do the same thing with the throttle all the time.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    Jungleman! Have you not seen improvements in your mpg? I swear mine I better since I put it on!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tku View Post
    Jungleman! Have you not seen improvements in your mpg? I swear mine I better since I put it on!
    well since the map and CAI if i drive like a granny then i get about 50 miles more out of a tank, only problem is that with the added noise, and power i just want to keep pushing on and then the mpg does drop quite badly!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Mine runs over 4440bhp very happily through an ITG system.
    wow lol
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    well since the map and CAI if i drive like a granny then i get about 50 miles more out of a tank, only problem is that with the added noise, and power i just want to keep pushing on and then the mpg does drop quite badly!
    Ok I guess it's due to me changing up way too early then just to hear the chatter more. Oh god I'm turning into a chav!!

6th Gear

Status
    haha na its not chav at all mate, its why we went for the evoms (i like blitzing it past a bus stop and gettin the chatter right for that and watching peoples heads snap round to see what it was... now thats a bit chav haha ), with the evoms, its best at about 3.5k ish, if i want to hear it thats when ill lift off for a change, if im on an out and out drive then it will be the red line (still not bad noise wise) but most the time i change up at around 2k just to help the tank last a bit longer for when i do want to have some fun.. least now im normally getting about 260-270 miles out the tank

6th Gear

Status
    least now im normally getting about 260-270 miles out the tank
    that's making me feel a lot better about getting 330-ish miles out of a tank
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    yea thats what my dad gets out of his 2.0T A4, the S3 along with the quattro is quite thirsty and a killer when you drive it hard

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    Yep, it sucks pretty bad for fuel. Shell love me. But then again, we don't buy these cars to complain about the fuel..

6th Gear

Status
    haha true, the way i see it as smiles per miles and there are loads so totally worth it!!
    think we should all get shares in shell, that way least we will make some money back haha

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    Let's do it.

Oh and before we take this thread off topic. I have heard only good things about the twintake!

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    I think KRL was using one.

6th Gear

Status
    yea good point lol
    yea afaik they are a quality CAI and as they have feeds that link straight to the outside there should be a lot less noise compared to the open filter types such as the evoms

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    i get 340-360 out of my quattro 2.0t

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    ???do you maybe have bigger tank than me????
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

5th Gear

Status
    I've just bought one - going to be fitting it shortly so will post up my thoughts.

Very happy with the quality of the kit,looks well though out.

Service next week first then I'll stick it on :D
    Paul R

S3 Sportback - Sprint, Buckets, Bose, Rain & light, Alu rails, Piano trim, FT Warning, Bluetooth prep
    S3's now sold - roll on the Golf MK1 Project

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    Let us know how it goes!

5th Gear

Status
    will do - thanks
    Paul R

S3 Sportback - Sprint, Buckets, Bose, Rain & light, Alu rails, Piano trim, FT Warning, Bluetooth prep
    S3's now sold - roll on the Golf MK1 Project

4th Gear

Status
    l got one here but don't know if l will be fitting it any time soon due a death in the family. But l would like to hear what it sounds like. Dont suppose its got any bangs or pops. that would be funny.
    Last edited by dc240969; 22nd December 2010 at 06:36.

6th Gear

Status
    this may seem silly.... but has anyone check youtube.... may be a few vids on there showing what it sounds like

Status
    hi jungleman clutch for sale,,check it out...
    ITG/ BSH/ Southbend/ Forge Etc.. | VAGOC.co.uk