Wipers - mucked up positioning!! Help!

stephanbegley

Reaction score
Guys -

The snow has shafted the drivers side wiper - its basically sitting 3-4" higher on the windscreen than before - so when i switch it on it goes over the side of the window edge!

Is there any way to reset the wiper position?

Thanks!

Take off the wiper arm and refit it slightly lower. Sounds like you may have chewed up the splines on the wiper arm shaft.

I stand to be corrected, but it sounds like its moved on it's splines. It might be that you can remove and replace the arm to sit correctly(usually removal of a hex nut), or the splines may be "rounded" and you'll have to replace the arm (or the shaft it sits on)

Last edited:
I've had the same issues mate. Just clear all the ice and snow away from your screen, reposition the wiper with your hand and it should sort itself out - it did for me anyway!

yeah, I have the same issue. the right wiper arm is being overlapped by the left arm so the drivers side of the windscreen is not getting cleaned. im not sure how to fix this any ideas?

Guys -

The snow has shafted the drivers side wiper - its basically sitting 3-4" higher on the windscreen than before - so when i switch it on it goes over the side of the window edge!

Is there any way to reset the wiper position?

Thanks!

Don't blame the snow mate - moral of the story is never ever use wipers to clear snow !

when i had my whole wiper linkage out it took about 6 or 7 try's to get the perfect again, then I noticed 2 blue lines drawn by pen on it indicting the correct starting position.

Dont forget that where they stop in use and where they park are diffent when re setting.