Autotech Pump & RS4 Fuel pressure regulator fitted @ Star Performance = :-)

akash_sky1

Reaction score
Had a good trip down to Star Performance in Fife today. Finally got the Autotech internals fitted a long with an RS4 Fuel pressure regulator, and the results are very impressive.

First of all, didn't have time to get any dyno runs as I needed to back to Glasgow fairly sharpish...

However had the two parts fitted above...WITHOUT new software- as Jim said my ECU needed an OEM update before he could load a newer GIAC file on to it...and there's a pretty noticeable improvement in performance.

Even on a KO3, in a mapped 2.0TFSI the standard camshaft driven fuel pump can struggle to deliver enough fuel under load especially in the mid and higher rev ranges.

So today i got the two parts fitted, and was very impressed with the tangible increase in performance and the extended power band.

AFAIK with the new pump and RS4 fuel rail, I can now hold a solid 136 BAR fuel pressure.
Now when accelerating the car pulls noticeabley harder above 4/4.5K revs right up to the red line, whereas before the top end was certainly the weak area and stuttered a tiny bit around the 5K region also.

It feels like there's a second wind at 4200ish RPMS where the power picks up and stays much stronger to the red line than it used to.

This is especially noticeable in 4th/5th 6th gears, and on a closed road I was able to hit speeds a good 6-7mph faster by a certain landmark then 2hrs earlier before the modding, at pretty much the same outside temps.

When i get the software update and a new map to account for the mods, there should be a smoother transition from 3.5-4k revs where currently the torque feels like it jumps up a sh!tload, and the midrange should become even stronger.

Jim is a very nice chap and charged a very small fee to fit the RS4 fuel rail, which at a dealership could cost you 2hours labour!

I will try to get a RR run when I finally go back for new software, but with just the hardware fitted and no new map I can thoroughly recommend these mods on a KO3 car as well, not just the KO4 engines, as can many MK5 GTI drivers.

Last edited:
Nice to hear. I've been to Jims a couple times before - both times due to this fourm! 2nd time we watched a few cars on the RR and a few of us like Glen & David popped over to knockhill for David to put his old RWD Nissan round a few laps. Happy days :)

Oh i didnt realised this was PD Tuning's sale..I am very interested in it and Im watchin it on eBay. Steve @ Stattler is running one in his Ed.30 and is very impressed with it.

Unless this thing looks like its gona go dirt cheap Im probly gnna give it a miss but thanks for heads up...Jus got my bathroom done, kitchen next, paying for a Vegas holiday so need to save some money somewhere!
Plus I think ill probably get something newer next year all being well, so no point spending thousands on this...

K04 hybrid sold for only 255!! decided to give it a miss tho and would then need injectors , new FMIC and new intake/exhaust, probt just gonna get a facelift S3 next year anway should be some good deals on