Volks AutosBadger5
    5th Gear

Status

Autotech Pump & RS4 Fuel pressure regulator fitted @ Star Performance = :-)

Had a good trip down to Star Performance in Fife today. Finally got the Autotech internals fitted a long with an RS4 Fuel pressure regulator, and the results are very impressive.

First of all, didn't have time to get any dyno runs as I needed to back to Glasgow fairly sharpish...

However had the two parts fitted above...WITHOUT new software- as Jim said my ECU needed an OEM update before he could load a newer GIAC file on to it...and there's a pretty noticeable improvement in performance.

Even on a KO3, in a mapped 2.0TFSI the standard camshaft driven fuel pump can struggle to deliver enough fuel under load especially in the mid and higher rev ranges.

So today i got the two parts fitted, and was very impressed with the tangible increase in performance and the extended power band.

AFAIK with the new pump and RS4 fuel rail, I can now hold a solid 136 BAR fuel pressure.
    Now when accelerating the car pulls noticeabley harder above 4/4.5K revs right up to the red line, whereas before the top end was certainly the weak area and stuttered a tiny bit around the 5K region also.

It feels like there's a second wind at 4200ish RPMS where the power picks up and stays much stronger to the red line than it used to.

This is especially noticeable in 4th/5th 6th gears, and on a closed road I was able to hit speeds a good 6-7mph faster by a certain landmark then 2hrs earlier before the modding, at pretty much the same outside temps.

When i get the software update and a new map to account for the mods, there should be a smoother transition from 3.5-4k revs where currently the torque feels like it jumps up a sh!tload, and the midrange should become even stronger.

Jim is a very nice chap and charged a very small fee to fit the RS4 fuel rail, which at a dealership could cost you 2hours labour!

I will try to get a RR run when I finally go back for new software, but with just the hardware fitted and no new map I can thoroughly recommend these mods on a KO3 car as well, not just the KO4 engines, as can many MK5 GTI drivers.
    Last edited by akash_sky1; 17th December 2010 at 19:58.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Nice to hear. I've been to Jims a couple times before - both times due to this fourm! 2nd time we watched a few cars on the RR and a few of us like Glen & David popped over to knockhill for David to put his old RWD Nissan round a few laps. Happy days :-)
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

5th Gear

Status
    Yeah wna get mine on the rollers nxt time :-) Engine mods seem to be creeping towards a KO4 conversion!
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

5th Gear

Status
    Nice hybrid K04 on ebay at the moment matey...........

Audi S3 2.0 ltr TFSI ko4 turbo on eBay (end time 24-Dec-10 12:05:41 GMT)
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

5th Gear

Status
    hmmm, now thats interesting

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by akash_sky1 View Post
    hmmm, now thats interesting
    I spoke to the guys at Turbo Dynamics and they told about it and it sounds a really nice piece of kit - seeing as its a straight bolt on as well thats a massive advantage.

I also spoke to the seller, Dave @ PDT (PD Tuning - The Best ECU remapping and Car performance parts) and he couldnt have been more helpful if he tried. Really could be a good buy for you from a top guy.
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

5th Gear

Status
    Oh i didnt realised this was PD Tuning's sale..I am very interested in it and Im watchin it on eBay. Steve @ Stattler is running one in his Ed.30 and is very impressed with it.

5th Gear

Status
    Unless this thing looks like its gona go dirt cheap Im probly gnna give it a miss but thanks for heads up...Jus got my bathroom done, kitchen next, paying for a Vegas holiday so need to save some money somewhere!
    Plus I think ill probably get something newer next year all being well, so no point spending thousands on this...

5th Gear

Status
    K04 hybrid sold for only 255!! decided to give it a miss tho and would then need injectors , new FMIC and new intake/exhaust, probt just gonna get a facelift S3 next year anway should be some good deals on