DSG paddles-metal?

If you understand German I think this thread might help you.
Motor-Talk
I only look at the pics, don´t speak a word German. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif So it might be about something complete different.

Are the standard paddles metal? Are they easy to remove? Could they just not be chromed if they are?

Except that chroming might be bit too bright I suppose...

J.

No idea, but I think the thread is about R32, what type of pads has the Golf?

Wasn't there a thread on Tyresmoke about this - think VW cottoned-on to the big potential demand for the R32 alu DSG paddles and trebled the price of them - from VW UK they're something like £115 + vat. EACH!!!!!!

pardon? Is that in lira?
I'm sure if a few of us clubbed together we could get a machine shop to bang some together for a fraction of the price. Anyone fancy it? I guess we'd need a doner part first though...

any1 got any pictures of the paddle its self and how its fixed on to the car. and i'll see what i can source out. an other peeps can ask around too.

I'm happy to look into this as well. Anyone got a part number for the paddles? Dealer has just given me 8P0951527 and 8P0951527A for left and right but said they didn't look very paddleish....

I can make some, but I´ll need a original one (Right and left) to make a Cad model first, or I´ll need a cad file of one (solid) They arent that easy to manufacture so I guess that the cost will be the same if you dont get anyone to manufacure the on his/her spare time! (I would ofcourse make those cheaper the the orgianl, but then I´ll need to make more than one par!

I'm gonna try and get in touch with Phillipe in France (who did this for the TT forum)
If I'm successful who would DEFINITELY be interested (price was ~£100 delivered for the TT boys)

nah, phillipe was buying them from vag but that was back in april. Need to get some kind sole who is willing to donate their paddles long enough for me to get a machine shop to take a sand casting of them.... Any offers?

Please see alloy paddles now listed under sport package. Might be cheaper option soon !

audiworld

Order guide For the US spec A3 2.0T

did this metal paddle option ever get anywhere?

I've looked on the audiworld site and can't see a mention of it.

If anyone has a definate source for these (whether audi or aftermarket or home made) please can they let me know.

[ QUOTE ]
did this metal paddle option ever get anywhere?

I've looked on the audiworld site and can't see a mention of it.

If anyone has a definate source for these (whether audi or aftermarket or home made) please can they let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here goes:

Alloy_Paddles

Listed under Sport package.

So it must now exist, we just need someone who can find part no's ?

Eeef,

Be interesting regarding price. I would think to engineer very low volume would be non cost effective, but you may have better contacts than myself !

[ QUOTE ]
looks like you can get an alloy radio knob too ?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

perhaps thats going too far....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, bit too much of the 'Max Power' look for my liking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

More evidence that it exists / will exist soon - at what cost, and if Eeef can't manage to source a manufacturer cheaper.

Audi_Options_USA

It seems this is limited to the Sport rather than across the range (se) and maybe limited to the 2 ltr turbo.

Group buy from the states anybody !