Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Oil Leak - Help Please

I've just brough a A3 2.0TDi Quattro, really impressed so far , But while having a look around the engine bay i've found an oil leak !! What I want to know is where is this leaking from & is it a serious problem? The area of oil leak is on the left hand side, just around the black vacum unit & between the cam belt cover & leaking onto the alternator housing.
    Any advice would be really helpfull

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    It could be the rocker cover gasket which is an easy and cheap fix.

Clean the whole area up and then keep monitoring it so you can see where abouts its coming from.

Neutral

Status
    Have done as you said, have cleaned the area as good as I could (was about 8.30 last night !!) as to keep an eye on it ;-)
    Hopefully it is only an easy gasket as you said, is there a guide anywhere for doing this ? (all new to this site)

while I'm here, what sort of mpg should i be seeing? I'm comming from a 1.9TDi 130Bhp Bora & am use to seeing 52-54mpg & that has been chipped for the last 2yrs+

Neutral

Status
    An Update, It looks like it could be the inlet manifold or the inlet manifold flap inside, is this an easy fix to do? I have read on here that one guy was quoted £700 from the dealer for replacing the inlet manifold !! If it is a job that can be done from home, any idea on the part numbers for the gasket or the flap valve seal, this would be very much appreciated ;-)
    Is there also a guide anywhere I could use. looking at doing this soon, Cheers

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    What engine code is it?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    Think it's a BMN? but it's a 2.0TDi 170Bhp in a ,56 plate car.
    Hope this helps ;-)