1.8T fsi remap

rOb_A

Reaction score
Anyone remapped a 1.8T fsi ? if yep, what is like compared to the standard 160bhp?

only me with a 1.8Tfsi :unsure: its the newer engine one..

i had it done by revo last weekend mate, gone from 160hp to 220, and not got 272 lbs/foot torque. it is a massive diffrence and i recommend it big time mate.

cheers lad, whats in the difference in performance? fuel consumption? how much?

performace is a massive diffrence as i say mate, a lot more of it! fuel economy has increased a bit since it's an active map and adjusted to my driving style only by a few MPGs mind, but every little helps. They like you to run on 99 octane fuel before the map to get maximum performace to map, but its safe to run on 95 again if you want to. Revo have a 100 quid off for remaps before 31st december by the way, and bear in mind the VAT increase in the new year.

in total my cost for the remap was about 430 quid including labour, and they have been giving me courtesy calls to make sure im all happy and good.

civic type-r's, most 2.0 turbos in any car, all see the back end of my motor reading 1.8t :)

Reactions: Dicko89
where you get it done? did you trail it before? thanks for info btw

well if you get on to Revo's webiste, ring the number, and they will put you towards a local Revo operative in your area. I had mine done in Lincoln. a top bunch of guys if you do go there and very helpful. i didn't trail it before, no. but to be honest, the way the car is now all i would have said is yes anyway. more power, more torque, more fuel economy, and all a lovely christmas present off my wonderful lass!

best of luck if you go for it mate, you won't regret it, and Revo is a well known and respected company. Can't do much better in my opinion! but hey, i'm quite new to all this modding, etc!

how long before clutch slips???????
revo like there boost settings nice and high don't they
plus when the car goes in to the dealer they can see a non audi map has been installed even with the select switch!

well ive been told they cannot trace this map without going in depth or taking it for a spin, regarding the clutch going, i cant really say as ive only done about 200 miles with the remap, and the boost is ok really consdiering i'm still running less horsepower than the previous model s3 from the same cubic capacity size. plus mine is an s tronic, so the gearbox might be a bit more sturdy like than a manual box

so you get this one i have a vibration whilst driving at 3000 revs mr audi can you sort it under warranty yes sir we can you get a phone call 30mins later we are not willing to touch the car as you have had it mapped at least with the select switch you could hide it slightly!

if your worried about the warranty issue then go for a tuner that has a switch that stores the original map, such as bluefin, shark or evolve

ive got an evolve map on my S3 and it is staggering (stock the S3 runs at 265 you can see what mines running with the map, cai and cat back)! think they are doing a 30% discount on maps atm as well before the new year

if your too worried about affecting warranty then it's simple. wait. if your too scared to reach in your own pocket you should have gone for a cheaper car Antmax7

good for you. try answering the guy's question then instead of picking faults with whatever i post then eh?

Reactions: shady-ninja
FWIW Ive had loads of warranty work with REVO Stage 1 installed, on 2 different cars too.
The dealers arent really that *****.

If you want, the REVO switch allows you to set the car back to stock settings to be on the safe side for dealer visits.
It doesnt store your original map however.

Good luck
Paul

i had it done by revo last weekend mate, gone from 160hp to 220, and not got 272 lbs/foot torque. it is a massive diffrence and i recommend it big time mate.

272 lb ft of torque?! No chance ,thants about what your getting from a 2.0TFSI in stage 2 tune. considering a 1.8TFSI has 184 lb ft standard there's no way your getting 90lb ft gain from just a map on that engine.

If the 1.8TFSI has the new style fuel pump (ie not Camshaft driven) as the 2.0TSI in the mk6GTi then I suppose you could get pretty close to that, still think its a tad ambitious just from a map though.

No I meant pretty close to 272 lbs, and that THAT quote was a tad ambitious from a stage 1 map on that engine..ie nearly 90lb ft gain!

it's not ambitious at all seeing as it's the figure i saw on the dyno figures sheet. Revo are claiming for a stage 1 map they can get 275 lbs/foot anyway, so to be near it with 272 i am quite chuffed.

Reactions: Dicko89