2nd clutch slipping!

Fast,not furious

Dealing with an OCD
Reaction score
Yes,my second clutch is slipping!! I'm running approx 340bhp,with the sachs uprated clutch kit and the DMF was also replaced at the same time,approx 25 - 30000 miles ago :-(

I've recently created a hybrid CAI by chopping my old Forge one off by the battery and substituting the Forge air filter with an ITG Maxogen,as well as adding the largest cold feed i could fit from the foglight grill up into the engine bay. Could this have really given me the additional horses/torque to create the slip??

It defo was ok until about a week after this mod! I noticed some slip in 5th and 6th gear,which is where i noticed it originally,hence the Sachs/DMF kit. Hoping it was just my imagination....but no,more slippage again yesterday in 4th!! Boo Hoo :-(

So....what next??

I don't really want to go the single fly route...

Without any knowledge,i'm throwing Southbend into the equation too....

Anybody else had the same dilemna?

I'd appreciate some thoughts and options guys!

Unfortunately i'm away for weeks now,so prob won't be able to reply or give any more info...

Thats very unfortunate, do you do a lot of hard launches in your car? maybe your custom code map has very aggressive boost at low revs?
Anyhow, I think you'd be best of a with Southbend SMF setup, they have many different options depending what you want.
I would avoid the Sachs SMF set up as people report fast shifting problems. Interesting how your getting slip where others with more torque are running ok.

I wouldn't say i do hard launches mate,i prefer to wind her up then give it some welly. I don't think custom code is an aggresive map either,i'll have to give the guys at JBS a bell,as they did the map and clutch. From memory,i'm sure they said i'll be ok up to 400bhp. My torque was just over 300ft/lbs,so that should be ok too.
I'll check out Southbend when i have the chance.

how long were you expecting it to last? 30k should be about the limit surely? fix it again then sell it in 20k lol.

I have a customer with a new 2.0t TSI Scirocco that is making over 500whp with a HTA30r and still running his stock clutch.

He plans on getting a Clutch Masters FX400 6 puck kit from me one his stock one starts slipping.

The more aggressive the clutch kit the less miles you will get out of it.

377 bhp and 355lbs of torque on std clutch. 24k miles on the clock - been at stage 2 for 3k miles. Just started slipping the smallest amount between 4000 and 4300 rpm but (touch wood) thats it.

I must drive like i'm driving Miss Daisy.:shrug:

Touch wood? I think you mean knock on wood. Touch wood is something your girlfriend does. lol

Yes,my second clutch is slipping!! I'm running approx 340bhp,with the sachs uprated clutch kit and the DMF was also replaced at the same time,approx 25 - 30000 miles ago :-(

I've recently created a hybrid CAI by chopping my old Forge one off by the battery and substituting the Forge air filter with an ITG Maxogen,as well as adding the largest cold feed i could fit from the foglight grill up into the engine bay. Could this have really given me the additional horses/torque to create the slip??

It defo was ok until about a week after this mod! I noticed some slip in 5th and 6th gear,which is where i noticed it originally,hence the Sachs/DMF kit. Hoping it was just my imagination....but no,more slippage again yesterday in 4th!! Boo Hoo :-(

So....what next??

I don't really want to go the single fly route...

Without any knowledge,i'm throwing Southbend into the equation too....

Anybody else had the same dilemna?

I'd appreciate some thoughts and options guys!

Unfortunately i'm away for weeks now,so prob won't be able to reply or give any more info...

Mate, your case is exactly the same as mine. Look what I am going to do...Maybe it is helpful for you
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/109224-my-spec-stage-3-clutch-s3.html