Looking for where/how to purchase recommendations.

Floob

Reaction score
Hi,

I really need to replace my ageing S Reg A3 Sport.
I like the look of the A3 Black, but think it would probably be a little too pricey, especially with any extras. I was thinking of a max of about £22k.

Looking for a petrol model, maybe 1.8, 3 Door.

So the A3 sport might be more affordable - just wondering if there are any deals about, or if I should try and find a second hand one? I think I'd want at least a 2008 plate though. Are sites like this worth looking at? Cheap New Cars For Sale UK Best New Car Deals Dealers Discount New Cars on CarQuake

If you have any purchase pointers, please let me know.

Thanks

Floob.

Last edited:
if you're willing to pay £22k and get a 2nd hand one you can definitely get a top spec car. we're talking 58 plates 2.0T quattro S-Lines with nav and full leather etc. i think you can even get some higher mileage S3s for that money.

definitely look at 2nd hand. by the time your factory ordered A3 comes thru they'll probably have already announced the new shape

Thanks for your input.
I've seen a new 1.8 Black Edition for 23,400.00 ROTR (inc £800 of extras) - so maybe 8%-10% off if I can get a discount?
http://www.techpost.co.uk/A3.pdf

Would I be crazy to go for manual over S Tronic?

I'm not really looking to pay a premium for the S3 - the Black would be more what I'm looking for, but they seem very scarce second hand?

that's because there's currently a 6 month (or something silly) waiting list for factory orders on A3 Black Editions.

manual vs. S-tronic is personal preference. after driving an S-tronic i'd never go back to a manual but there are others that don't like it and their reasons for doing so are perfectly valid so test drive both and see which you prefer.

i really wouldn't advise a factory order mate, and for the kind of money you're willing to spend you can go for something higher in the pecking order that's all i was trying to say. if you definitely want a 1.8T you should be able to find one (but the problem is that it's an odd engine choice - those not bothered about fuel economy will go for the 2.0T or S3, those that are will go for the 1.6, 1.4T or the diesels so the 1.8T doesn't make a compelling case for itself)

personally i'd say either go for a 2.0T if you want performance or a 2.0TDI if you want fuel economy (with decent enough performance as well) and i'd pretty much say 2nd hand or wait for the new model to come out. don't waste your time with a factory order

Thanks for your reply, it helps a lot with my decision.

Thats a bit annoying about the black delay. I'm really erring towards a Sport version now. But these seem few and far between on Auto trader.
I'm thinking about the petrol as hearing any noise would really bug me, and I'm not *too* fussed about fuel economy.

So, it sounds like I should be looking for a second hand 09 plate Sport maybe?

What's wrong with an sline? What is it you like about black editions so much?? I've got one and sat next to a sport it shows big differences but next to an sline not so much!

Advantages of the black edition over the sline
Anthracite alloys
Bose
Flat bottom wheel
Xenons
Blackout rear windows
Piano black inlays
Black grill

The sports look more basic on the exterior.

My B.Edition is for sale (but it's not black!).

it's a sept 2009/59 reg Black Edition sportback 5dr 140bhp diesel in monza silver, full black edition spec plus cruise control, blue tooth, silver stitching & ipod dock. Full Audi service history 30,000 miles. Has another 9 months warranty left.

Price wise I'm looking for £17,950 for her.

Pm if you want any pic's or further info (there are pictures I've posted on here) see:

www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/64956-black-edition-10.html#post827917

Cheers

Yoshi:footy:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Yoshi, but I was really thinking about a 3 door petrol. Have to say though I think thats a good price and am quite tempted.

Change in job, hence why she's got to go....best car I've ever owned (and looks great in monza silver!)

Yoshi

ps i prefer the rear lights on the 5 door over the 3 door as they look great at night....oh and of course you get x2 extra doors :faint:!

Yup along with Xenon and Bluetooth...... SORTED! Thats what i did and well happy!

Will try and get some up only got ones after it was vandalised ( Total Mess!!) Had the car for 2 weeks and it was spray painted on most surfaces and now its snowing so not a great time for pics!

Will try and get some up only got ones after it was vandalised ( Total Mess!!) Had the car for 2 weeks and it was spray painted on most surfaces and now its snowing so not a great time for pics!

that SUCKS. sorry to hear about it dude :(, will it come out with T-Cut?

It was a 60 plate waited the usual Audi 6 months for it and in 2 weeks the insurance forked out over £2k. Its Ibis white and had grey go faster stripes all over it.......****** Chavs

so it needed a respray then... that's ****** ***** matey. makes me feel lucky that my car was just keyed and not worse.

Absolute bar stewards, 2 weeks after receiving it, unreal

I'm off to the dealer on saturday to see if the Sport could be worth getting instead of the BE.