Badger5Monster Motorsport
    6th Gear

Status

Sach Clutch & LUK DMF group buy

hey guys,
    by the looks of it a few of us are suffering from a slipping clutch
    me and a couple guys on VAGOC are gonna try and get a decent group buy going so will be contacting a couple suppliers for prices and discounts
    if your interested stick your name down so we can get an idea of numbers and ill get some prices as soon as they get back to me
    cheers guys!

PS hope the mods dont mind me sticking this up while we get an idea of numbers
    Last edited by jungleman; 13th December 2010 at 22:28.
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    i could be intrested in one

Banana Armour

Status

My Social Networking

Visit aterro's Instagram Channel
    Me too

6th Gear

Status
    cool ill keep a list of the names as they come up
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    Your in too deep now jungleman..Uprated clutch = stage 2+ = more money haha!

6th Gear

Status
    lmao!!
    before i go big on the power ill be fitting a BBK, fully uprated suspension and those are expensive mods!! not something my student loan will stretch to for a while unless i can find a part time job to feed my addiction!!

did you manage to get the evoms fitted?
    Last edited by jungleman; 14th December 2010 at 01:17.

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    Haha yeah I did..sounds much better then I thought it would. Wow BBK etc your debts are gonna be from modding your car man and not your education! Haha. I'm contemplating staying away from this site now as it's such a bad influence lol..Although the cai was a wicked purchase!

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    Taking off that cover was a right pain! Thought I was gonna snap it lol.

1st Gear

Status
    Count me in on a clutch upgrade!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzeroo View Post
    Count me in on a clutch upgrade!

Nice one, added to the list.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tku View Post
    Haha yeah I did..sounds much better then I thought it would. Wow BBK etc your debts are gonna be from modding your car man and not your education! Haha. I'm contemplating staying away from this site now as it's such a bad influence lol..Although the cai was a wicked purchase!

It sounds awesome doesn't it!
    I know tell me about it, the site is a very bad influence!
    Yea you've really got to tug at it but it's a tough bit of plastic!

1st Gear

Status
    Interested as I need DMF, Clutch, Slave Cylinder and Release Bearing!

Reverse Gear

Status
    im def in for a clutch

but how necessary is a new dual mass flywheel?

6th Gear

Status
    I think if your clutch isn't slipping at the moment then it should be ok, but I'd your getting slip then it will be scarred and will need replacing. But for the sake of a couple hundred quid extra while everything is apart it could be worth doing!

Neutral

Status
    Count me in. Think mine starting slipping 2 days ago...

1st Gear

Status
    given it some thought and im gonna give it a miss for now,gonna go down a different modding route for now until the standard clutch goes,then il get it dont.

6th Gear

Status
    got you down bezza
    no worries sturs, if when we get the prices in and you wanna get one anyway just let me know and ill get you added to the list
    by the way, what route you going instead?

Reverse Gear

Status
    not bad slip. weather dependant. and depends how im drivin it i guess. if it makes sense ive been drivin to avoid it. its only on a high gear, high load run it might slip slightly. 30k miles car, 3 year old, remap only it was, but ive stuck a autotech pump on it, turbo back miltek to follow and stage 2+ so i guess it would be wise while its apart. 6-7 hour job to get the box on and off you reckon?

6th Gear

Status
    if your going stage 2+ i would personally want everything new and solid that was going back in (tho im no expert) 6-7 hours is what ive read elsewhere so assuming 50 an hour rate which seems to be pretty normal its say 350ish to fit

1st Gear

Status
    depending on the discount and assuming its Jan I would be interested. Only at Revo stage 1 but got Milltek TBE fitted from last Group buy and ITG Maxogen in the box waiting the upgrade....wouldn;t want to do this and then find I'm stuck with a slipping clutch. Take it after that its bascially a uprated fuel pump and she is good to goto 2+?

Cheers.

6th Gear

Status
    yep pretty much
    at stage 2+ you will be looking at around 375-390 hp and prob around 360 lb/ft going by a RR day i was at on sunday at which point i think a clutch will be needed!
    ill stick you down as a provisional anyway

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
    got you down bezza
    no worries sturs, if when we get the prices in and you wanna get one anyway just let me know and ill get you added to the list
    by the way, what route you going instead?
    Im gonna get some wheels and some weitecs or kw coilies.soon as the clutch goes il get it uprated and then mapped.

6th Gear

Status
    ah cool
    well if your going down the coilover route, ive got a mate whos starting up his own performance site for suspension tuning in the new year, let me know when you shopping and ill see if i can get you a bit of a discount

1st Gear

Status
    ah cool
    well if your going down the coilover route, ive got a mate whos starting up his own performance site for suspension tuning in the new year, let me know when you shopping and ill see if i can get you a bit of a discount
    Good man,cheers.

Interior Next!!

Status
    ah cool
    count me in for discount jungleman!!

am going coilie route for summer '11
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3RYE View Post
    count me in for discount jungleman!!

am going coilie route for summer '11
    haha will do mate

6th Gear

Status
    hey guys

got the price in from APS will start a new thread with the confirmed prices
    this is also being run on a couple other forums, so we should be looking at a good discount

Paolo