will it be cover under warranty?

rOb_A

Reaction score
I kerbed by A3 SB a week or so ago. Had the n/s front wishbone and ball joint replaced. i've had the car now for a few days and noticed a what sounds like a knackered wheel bearing (not sure though). unsure the kerbing and "new noise" are related but do you think it could be covered under warranty? before you asked the car is only 2 years old. thanks

on the same side????
if so the kerb will of ******** it
but Audi don't know that do they.
as for if they are covered under warranty i have no idea?

ta for the reply :icon_thumright: so worth a punt.. will give audi a shout (but dont like be too dishonest!) car seems to picking up things all the time at the moment!!!

give it a shot could just be the cv joint would have to have a listen to tell

the noise wearing sound that this prominent at 50mpg, fades out then comes back louder at 70mph them fades out around, well above that. any help to what the damage can be ?? cheers for the reply by the way

So let me get this right.

You have had work done on your car to 'fix' your kerbing incident (I'm assuming you didn't get this done at an Audi garage) and you expect Audi to rectify it under warranty?:blink:

Why didn't you take it to Audi in the first instance? Kerbing a car can cause a lot more damage than is apparent to the 'untrained' eye. I know its a bit late but, I would have taken it to Audi for a thorough check in the first place.

Why not take it back to the place that fitted your new wishbone and ball joint to ask the question?

Rather than try it on with Audi who I would guess are going to tell you to take a run and jump if they spot that you've had work done on that side of the car. Sorry if that sounds harsh but, the moral here is don't try and cut corners when your car has been in an accident - unless of course you know what you're doing:p

i did take it to Audi, as the car was in for another warranty issue, they look at the damage and highlighted the wishbone issue after a good inspection as the bend was only minor and took a while to find out. they gave me a quote but understood that the due to (well what was) a minor repair that i would go else where. Is it worth going back to Audi to get a better diagnosis? I'm not really the kind of person to cut corner but Audi labour rates are too expensive imho. the car is driveable but not as good as it was. what you guys think??

Try a VAG approved independent garage. The one I use charges a third of the labour rate that Audi do.

thanks Fossie, anyone know of a VAG garage in the northwest (cheshire/manchester)??

Just found this on Google - probably loads more ! Did a search for 'Independent VAG approved garages Manchester '
Vag Technik

In fact heres the Google link :- Google

Last edited:
thanks again Fossie :thumbsup: will have a look a the ones on the search and see if any are near to where i work. hopefully get it sorted asap

take it to audi,tell em av a luk.end of !