AH FabricationsChris Nott
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Rhyso's Posh Golf

Dec
    2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chasdrury View Post
    AMI is an addition, but only to RNSe 2010 or later - the newer 'media' versions.
    Ah cheers. Thought that would be the case! I don't have an RNS at the mo (need to do a double din conversion) so that wouldn't matter. I'll probably stick with pioneer and get an aftermarket DDIN

'04 A3 2.0 TDI.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Cheers for the kind comments lads

Gave the nav side of things a proper test today and it was spot on; really impressed with how accurate and slick it was

Now what to buy next.......
    Now a happy owner of an A3 Sportback S Line 170 TDI
    My Posh Golf

events moderator

Status
    i didnt even notice when i saw your car the other day soz rhys lol , looks awesome mate would really love one for mine too
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    i didnt even notice when i saw your car the other day soz rhys lol , looks awesome mate would really love one for mine too
    That's because I only picked it up Friday lol
    My Posh Golf

The King of Cannock

Status
    Glad you got the body work sorted mate I'd love to get my hands on the scrotes that enjoy damaging others pride and joy!

RNSE is sweet as well Does anyone know if different speed SD cards make a difference?

Air, OZ, Tarrox, on a TDI

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by b19ctr View Post
    Glad you got the body work sorted mate I'd love to get my hands on the scrotes that enjoy damaging others pride and joy!

RNSE is sweet as well Does anyone know if different speed SD cards make a difference?
    I bought a 16gig SDHC card and that seems fairly quick to me? Although I haven't tried any others so can't really compare!
    My Posh Golf

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyso View Post
    That's because I only picked it up Friday lol
    ahhhhh that would explain why i didnt see it mate lol
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

4th Gear

Status
    Booked in for tinkerings
    My Posh Golf

Audi Heaven

Status
    Booked in for tinkerings
    Care to add any info?!
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audicruiser View Post
    Care to add any info?!
    Involves a bit of a road trip to see some blokes with a garage
    My Posh Golf

2nd Gear

Status
    Involves a bit of a road trip to see some blokes with a garage
    Come on Rhyso, tell us more!

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    Treated myself

ohhhhh...think i need one in my life!
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by The Engineer View Post
    Come on Rhyso, tell us more!
    I'm going here Midland VW

@ S. - yes you do! had mine nearly a week now and used the nav function a few times; its a top bit of kit
    My Posh Golf

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    just let one go the other day, it went for less than 400!!!
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    just let one go the other day, it went for less than 400!!!
    Ouch! I paid £450 for mine from Ebay from this chap
    eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I'm happy with it
    My Posh Golf

4th Gear

Status
    Lately I've been suffering a slight 'stuttering' problem in first gear and also when cruising at motorway speeds. After a bit of searching I pinpointed it to my EGR being a bit clogged up; its a common problem on the PD engines.

So with the help of my mate Darren (who happens to be the South Wales supplier for Bardahl Oils) I popped around to his house to try out the EGR cleaning kit they do

The cleaner is basically an aerosol which is sprayed into the EGR whilst the engine is running; you need two people, one to do the spraying and one to rev the engine at 2000rpm. Very weird as the cleaner gets dragged through the engine and you hear it detonate :shocked: and the engine revs pick up too!

Whole process took about 30-40 minutes and we were ready to put the pipe back on with the new clip and seal

In preparation for this I phoned TPS and ordered a new gasket, clip and seal for the boost pipe that has to be removed as shown in the picture below

I was unable to re-use the original seal as it had expanded and was no longer a great fit

Usefully of course TPS supplied the wrong seal They supplied the one which goes between the EGR and in the inlet manifold. Quick trip down to Cardiff to pick up the correct seal, or try to.......

Firstly the bloke came back with the same incorrect seal and then an o-ring before finally telling me that you can't buy the seal separately and I'd have to buy the pipe at £35. Usefully of course the pipe isn't in stock and its a bank holiday weekend.......

So knocked that idea on the head and headed over to Cardiff VW; 2 minutes in their and I was £6 poorer but I had the seal and funnily enough didn't have to buy the pipe to go with it

Re-fitted everything, put the fuel treatment cleaner into the tank and took it for a spin. First impressions are good, the car picks up a little quicker and smoother

Will see over the next week or so if the stuttering has gone and if my MPG improves.

Roll on a week tomorrow though!
    My Posh Golf

2nd Gear

Status
    Lately I've been suffering a slight 'stuttering' problem in first gear and also when cruising at motorway speeds. After a bit of searching I pinpointed it to my EGR being a bit clogged up; its a common problem on the PD engines.

So with the help of my mate Darren (who happens to be the South Wales supplier for Bardahl Oils) I popped around to his house to try out the EGR cleaning kit they do

The cleaner is basically an aerosol which is sprayed into the EGR whilst the engine is running; you need two people, one to do the spraying and one to rev the engine at 2000rpm. Very weird as the cleaner gets dragged through the engine and you hear it detonate :shocked: and the engine revs pick up too!

Whole process took about 30-40 minutes and we were ready to put the pipe back on with the new clip and seal

In preparation for this I phoned TPS and ordered a new gasket, clip and seal for the boost pipe that has to be removed as shown in the picture below

I was unable to re-use the original seal as it had expanded and was no longer a great fit

Usefully of course TPS supplied the wrong seal They supplied the one which goes between the EGR and in the inlet manifold. Quick trip down to Cardiff to pick up the correct seal, or try to.......

Firstly the bloke came back with the same incorrect seal and then an o-ring before finally telling me that you can't buy the seal separately and I'd have to buy the pipe at £35. Usefully of course the pipe isn't in stock and its a bank holiday weekend.......

So knocked that idea on the head and headed over to Cardiff VW; 2 minutes in their and I was £6 poorer but I had the seal and funnily enough didn't have to buy the pipe to go with it

Re-fitted everything, put the fuel treatment cleaner into the tank and took it for a spin. First impressions are good, the car picks up a little quicker and smoother

Will see over the next week or so if the stuttering has gone and if my MPG improves.

Roll on a week tomorrow though!

That information is paramount!

I am sure the TDI crew would benefit greatly from this.

What price is the cleaning kit Rhyso?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by The Engineer View Post
    That information is paramount!

I am sure the TDI crew would benefit greatly from this.

What price is the cleaning kit Rhyso?
    Darren did me a deal but I think the RRP is £45 which includes the aerosol cleaner and the fuel treatment You can also remove the EGR and clean it that way but we didn't have the time. Haven't driven it much since yesterday but it definitely feels smoother Its better than using other cleaners as its designed to help stop the build up of carbon deposits so helps your EGR stay cleaner for longer!

I was quite surprised at how much rubbish was inside considering my car hasn't covered 50K miles!

PM Darren on here for more info - username is drmole
    My Posh Golf

6th Gear

Status
    Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    Thanks Rhys it was VERY easy to clean and doing in situe when the engine was running ensured the carbon deposits behind the valve are also removed were as these are most often missed when people remove the EGR clean it on bench then refit and 9 times out of 10 ignore the ajoining pipes and manifold. Also as with all Bardahl products the results speak for themselfs. i have yet to try the DPF cleaner but im sure it will give the same results if anyone has a clogged DPF i can do them a deal on the cleaner in return for a write up and testomonial on the results.

if anyone would like more info on EGR or DPF cleaners please feel free to contact me and i can forward the info accross to you or if your local to south wales will even pop round and chat to you about the Products.

Dar
    My A4 Detailed and finished with Zymol Glasur
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detaili...ol-glasur.html

A4 S-Line SE 220BHp with full Black pack With black badge (rear one still to fit) two tone Leather, Bose, phone prep in centre arm rest, IPOD conection RS4 pedals suede gear knob handbrake and steering wheel R8 oil Cap

Dec
    2nd Gear

Status
    Hmm that's handy to know Rhys! Still haven't done mine yet

Would be interesting to see how clean it is after doing that vs actually removing it. The bit that the pipe connects to is the Anti shudder valve isn't it? Does that get cleaned too? Mine is shockingly bad, 138k and done think its ever been done That pipe is leaking gunk on mine so the seal is shot anyway...

'04 A3 2.0 TDI.

4th Gear

Status
    It was hard to get pics inside the egr valve due to lack of room
    but just by running your fingers inside you could feel just much gunk was inside.

The cleaner is designed to clean the egr and the manifold behind it. Id seriously do yours Dec as i bet you cant see inside lol
    My Posh Golf

6th Gear

Status
    Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    Dec the Bardahl kit is designed to be as easy as possible to use and to remove as much carbon as possible without stripping most of the engine apart the aerosol cleaner is designed to break down and liquidise the carbon and oil deposits then the fuel treatment is used to flush the last bits out
    most cleaners will n do not penetrate deep layers of carbon without the need to adgitate with a stiff brush meaning alot longer and alot more work to clean the EGR

Rhys has reported the car is pulling alot stronger and harder today now the cleaner has worked through im sure he will keep us posted on the progress
    My A4 Detailed and finished with Zymol Glasur
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detaili...ol-glasur.html

A4 S-Line SE 220BHp with full Black pack With black badge (rear one still to fit) two tone Leather, Bose, phone prep in centre arm rest, IPOD conection RS4 pedals suede gear knob handbrake and steering wheel R8 oil Cap

4th Gear

Status
    So here it goes....

Had a PM the other day from my mate Topher asking if I wanted a DPF pipe that was for a customer of theirs who suddenly disappeared into thin air. I thought about it for about 2 seconds before saying yes so I was booked in for the pipe to be fitted today. Left sunny South Wales at 6am this morning and arrived at Midland VW just before 8.30am made it there before Topher

Car was taken into the workshop were removal began. About 40 minutes later i was asked to have a look expecting to see it almost ready....to be greeted with this...

Yes that would be the pipe NOT fitting

Thankfully though all was not lost as the clever chaps at Midland VW came up with an idea...

Chop chop

And back together again

Net result is 205bhp and 320lbs ft torque, not a massive increase (torque is unchanged) but the throttle is sharper and it just pulls so much harder past 3000rpm. MPG seemed to be up too despite me having a bit of fun on the way home!

No smoke, no poke!

Want to say a big thank you to everyone at Midland VW for making me feel welcome and letting me wander around having a close up look at how they operate; they put most main dealers to shame!!! Really great bunch of people
    My Posh Golf

Audi Heaven

Status
    Why is nothing straight forward with you!!!

Glad you got it done mate. Sounds like it's worth while, more power and smoother!
    Scott

Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

4th Gear

Status
    Why is nothing straight forward with you!!!

Glad you got it done mate. Sounds like it's worth while, more power and smoother!
    Ha I wish I knew mate!!

Ay like i said not massive gains but then I've never been chasing figures; I could push the turbo a lot harder but what's the point when you can only do 70mph anyway
    My Posh Golf

4th Gear

Status
    Hit this milestone yesterday

I've basically doubled the mileage since I've owned it!

Since removing the DPF I've added at least another 50 miles per tank to the range of the car; last couple of tanks have seen an average of 49mpg which is up from the 45mpg I was getting with the DPF still in place

And it needs a wash

My Posh Golf

Audi Heaven

Status
    MPG up but can't read the number plate any more due to the soot!!
    Scott

4th Gear

Status
    MPG up but can't read the number plate any more due to the soot!!
    Ha! It was a bit smokey for the first few miles but it seems to have settled down now

Was speaking to Nick @ Carbon and there is room for more power......
    My Posh Golf

Audi Heaven

Status
    Ha! It was a bit smokey for the first few miles but it seems to have settled down now

Was speaking to Nick @ Carbon and there is room for more power......
    Yeah but then where do you stop and also things start going wrong!!! You can't of forgotten the Golf already lol!!
    Scott

4th Gear

Status
    Yeah but then where do you stop and also things start going wrong!!! You can't of forgotten the Golf already lol!!
    I havent but equally my turbo isnt being maxed out!! That and I have confidence in Nick . Im more worried about the clutch than anything else!!
    My Posh Golf

4th Gear

Status
    My run to work this morning

And my long term average since DPF removal

Not too shabby in my opinion
    My Posh Golf

Audi Heaven

Status
    A diesel does make so much sense when your doing good runs. The more miles you do the more mpg you get big time! Shame it doesn't work with mine
    Scott

4th Gear

Status
    Picked up these little things the other day......

Fitting this weekend :D
    My Posh Golf

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Loving the brown tyres above

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Loving the brown tyres above
    Do you like how they are close(ish) (not really) to the design of the latest Rotors?
    My Posh Golf

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Ha Ha Ha, is that a Welsh's man's way of getting round it

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Ha Ha Ha, is that a Welsh's man's way of getting round it
    Sort of. Used a boggy English field to achieve the look mind. Got a little stuck at GTI Inters back in June!
    My Posh Golf

4th Gear

Status
    Well I finally fitted the lights a week last Saturday with the help of my mate Darren. All I'll say is 'WHAT A BALLACHE!' The car fought us at every step starting with the wipers being stuck so solid that I snapped a wiper arm removal tool!!

Then after putting it all together and running it for a couple of days, one of the bulbs started flickering.......pulled it apart Monday evening, swapped the bulbs over and the fault moved. Ok; lets pop to Halfords and get a new bulb. Urm no. The only Halfords in South Wales that stocks D1S bulbs is Swansea and they wanted £100 and wouldn't supply the bulb on its own; they insist that they fit it, which wouldn't haven't been such a bad thing as its a pain in the rear to change the bulb lol

Put it all back together last Wednesday evening and jobs a good one

Here's some crappy pics. Not a fan of the DRL's within the headlights themselves so re-coded the lights so I keep my fogs as DRL's

Fogs as DRL's

Dipped beam

Lighting up my street
    My Posh Golf

Audi Heaven

Status
    They look very cool mate. Xenons FTW!
    Scott

Audi Heaven

Status
    About time there was an update on this thread isn't it Mr Rhys??!!
    Scott