Sachs clutch upgrade

Dazzeroo

Reaction score
Hi, I'm after some advice on a sachs clutch upgrade....my car is currently stock although i have already bought an uprated Autotech Fuel pump and intend modding to Stage 2+ which i feel is more than ample with the following mods:

Revo SPS maybe
Milltek Downpipe & Sportscat
Dbilas Intake
Autotech Fuel Pump

I have read that the clutch may be a weak point and am worried that the clutch may go, i have a 57 plate which is stock and has done 17k...just wondering if i should replace the clutch and if so what do i need to do...which clutch to go for etc?

There is a sachs on sale which I am intersted in...any ideas how much new and if my standard DMF is ok with this?

Sachs Organic Clutch Kit (S3 8p) - Audi-Sport.net Classifieds

Thanks in advance

:)

you will find that clutch has been sold mate
the clutch new is about £500 and should be fine with your current DFM as long as u havent had any slipping
by the looks of it there may be a group buy being organised between the S3 guys on here and VAGOC so watch this space

There is a sachs on sale which I am intersted in...any ideas how much new and if my standard DMF is ok with this?

The jungleman speaks the truth - that clutch is sold. It's now sitting in my attic, waiting to be installed next week, with a full TBE Milltek from the same source... :whistle2: :icon_thumright:

Oddest thing is that once the weather warmed up, the clutch completely stopped slipping, then started slipping again today in colder weather. Due to extra power in the cold conditions? Mositure or leaking fluid somewhere? None of the experts I've asked have a clue, so old clutch is deffo getting binned...

The jungleman speaks the truth - that clutch is sold. It's now sitting in my attic, waiting to be installed next week, with a full TBE Milltek from the same source... :whistle2: :icon_thumright:

Oddest thing is that once the weather warmed up, the clutch completely stopped slipping, then started slipping again today in colder weather. Due to extra power in the cold conditions? Mositure or leaking fluid somewhere? None of the experts I've asked have a clue, so old clutch is deffo getting binned...

my clutch slippage was brought on buy the cold weather as well gonna see what happens over the next few days as the temp hopefully goes up, but cant see it lasting with the amount of torque im now putting through it

ohh group buy on the clutches. mines already slipping a little on a stage 1 map. and we're almost ready for a stage 2+ now :/ ha

Cold weather will always highlight clutch slip especially on a turbocharged car due to the extra boost /torque at lowe revs, and the friction of the drive plate will be slightly reduced when its really cold when you first set off.

Although it may have stopped slipping in warmer weather the fact it slipped at all it a sign its on its way out so you haven't wasted your cash.

Cold weather will always highlight clutch slip especially on a turbocharged car due to the extra boost /torque at lowe revs, and the friction of the drive plate will be slightly reduced when its really cold when you first set off.

Although it may have stopped slipping in warmer weather the fact it slipped at all it a sign its on its way out so you haven't wasted your cash.

Cheers for that info fella. Just hope I have more luck than when yours was fitted!

Cheers for that info fella. Just hope I have more luck than when yours was fitted!

I would hope you do too! Just confirm with your mechanic he knows the right direction to install it. Mine was unmarked but apparently most have 'motorseiter' or something written on that side of the plate.

I am running stage 2+ now and i havent yet fitted my sachs clutch and yes the clutch is slipping in 3rd/4th...am i ok to just replace the clutch or do/should i replace the dmf at the same time?

Dont want to really have to shell out £400 if i dont have to???

Help!

I replaced my DMF when i changed to the sachs clutch. You can get a brand new LUK DMF from www.buypartsby.com for just over £250.00 which is a brilliant price. i payed around £600.00 from Audi and its the exact same part

do the DMF as well, once your clutch is slipping it will have damaged it and it will need replacing
thats where i got my DMF from, along with the release bearing and delivery it came to £288, you wont find it cheeper then that!

Motorwerks have said they'll inspect the flywheel when they are doing the clutch and recommend a change if required...can't believe you can get it that cheap...thanks

for the sake of £300 think id rather get it done anyway, but also depends if your willing to be without the car for a couple days while the part is delivered or if they have it in stock (they didnt when i got mine and had to wait a few extra days)... may be worth giving them a call and making sure they have one in just in case