Central Electric module problem

TBH advanced comfort was in a higher byte 23, C is 17 so out of luck.

P which actually works fine when dealer coded, others reported same, very strange.

Hi guys,

I have a 2004 8P 1.9TDI with 8P0-907-279-A: 17 Byte (Highend) electric module... I wanted to enable some extra features I can't have with my rev.A.. therefore I bought the 8P0-907-279-K: 30 Byte (Highend) module (used one, with the relays).

My doubt before replacing A with K is that I do not originally have (in my A module) any relay or loom connected to "L" socket... while the bought K module have a such. Does anybody know for what is this L relay responsible for? I'd like to know whether something can go wrong if I take this relay out...

Hi all
Not sure if this is the correct section to post after doing a search on the forum or to create a new post as am not sure if this issue has been covered
I currently have a 2005 vehicle with 8p0 907 279 c central electric module and have wanted to upgrade to a high end 30byte module eg 8p0 907 279 k
Finding it hard to come across a k on ebay and they are very expensive from audi, has anybody tried or know if the following would fit an older 2005 vehicle?
8P0-907-279-L: 30 Byte (Highend)
8P0-907-279-N: 30 Byte (Highend)
8P0-907-279-P: 30 Byte (Highend)
8P0-907-279-Q: 30 Byte (Highend)

I believe they are for new vehicles so I am not sure if they are compatible or what work is involved to fit them?

Hi all
Not sure if this is the correct section to post after doing a search on the forum or to create a new post as am not sure if this issue has been covered
I currently have a 2005 vehicle with 8p0 907 279 c central electric module and have wanted to upgrade to a high end 30byte module eg 8p0 907 279 k
Finding it hard to come across a k on ebay and they are very expensive from audi, has anybody tried or know if the following would fit an older 2005 vehicle?

I believe they are for new vehicles so I am not sure if they are compatible or what work is involved to fit them?

I think you would need to Re-wire Everything if you go with them new ones....

I think K is the only one you can get ....but I think there is another one ...or maybe not ..not too sure...

I am not aware of what is involved but I asumme re wiring would work out more £££ and work involved?
Looking at the list below
8P0-907-279: 17 byte (base)
8P0-907-279-A: 17 Byte (Highend)
8P0-907-279-B: 21 bytes (base)
8P0-907-279-C: 21 Byte (Highend)
8P0-907-279-D: 17 Byte (Highend)
8P0-907-279-E: 23 byte (base)
8P0-907-279-F: 23 Byte (Highend)
8P0-907-279-H: 24 Byte (Highend)
8P0-907-279-J: 30 bytes (base)
8P0-907-279-K: 30 Byte (Highend)
8P0-907-279-M: 30 bytes (base)

Only the k is a 30byte and a highend central electric that would fit without much re wiring? Is the L module for facelift or pre facelift models?

Since this topic is opened again,i have also one question but since i cant give an explanation to myself where is the fault
my question is the following: i change my module 8P0-907-279-A to 8P0-907-279-P brand new from audi.Since then my auto dimming mirror stop working and my mechanic cant find anything wrong.He put the relays in the same position as in the previous module.Any ideas where should i look for my problem? Thx in advance

the difference from A to P is very large. am i right in saying that your car is a 2003 model with auto lights but not auto rain sensing?

yes you are right :p only auto lights.Any ideas where should i look for the fault?

the fault is the hardware used, in 2003 there was no rain sensors and so the control modules were wired to look for a light sensor built into the auto dimming mirror.
the newer controllers now look for a light and rain module which is separate from the auto dimming mirror. The newer module is trying to communicate with that new light&rain sensor and cannot see it so it fails.

for you to get auto dimming mirror and auto lights to work in your car again you will need the new autodimming mirror and the light and rain sensor that will actually talk to your new electrics module.

If you want this install send me a pm and i will go through all the stuff you need, along with the prices i can do this for you.

I have done the pre face lift to face lift conversion and have also fitted the facelift clock...Everthing works fine but i have headlight and drl led errors appearing in the dis that i want removing

the fault is the hardware used, in 2003 there was no rain sensors and so the control modules were wired to look for a light sensor built into the auto dimming mirror.
the newer controllers now look for a light and rain module which is separate from the auto dimming mirror. The newer module is trying to communicate with that new light&rain sensor and cannot see it so it fails.

for you to get auto dimming mirror and auto lights to work in your car again you will need the new autodimming mirror and the light and rain sensor that will actually talk to your new electrics module.

If you want this install send me a pm and i will go through all the stuff you need, along with the prices i can do this for you.

I see he has the same issue as me ......:eyebrows:

How much more work is needed in fitting a N module rather than a K?

Can any one advise on this please? the k module is very hard to find

I know the N works fine as was working on one the other day.

Nice thread, but will this allow me to change to 5 indicator flashes from the 3?