Rear wiper problem

Wozski

Reaction score
The wiper is working but no water is coming out to clean screen. Any ideas?
thanks

The wiper is working but no water is coming out to clean screen. Any ideas?
thanks
Read all the threads about this problem you need to keep them clean!!!!! clean out with a pin if still the same the pipe may be off

Mike where should be looking?
When i tried it for along time water started to come from the front wipers.........

The weather has been exceptionally cold for a long time ( I have a degree in stating the bleedin' obvious ! ) so chances are that unless you had at least 50/50 mix of water and washer fluid then it will have frozen.

Before the weather gets bad again fill the bottle with that mix. Make sure that the front washers work first time, every time and then try the rear washer. Obviously you can make sure the jets are clear with a pin but I assume they were working ok before the big freeze.?

If it doesn't work then you need to check in the boot that no water is appearing unexpectedly because if it is then it's likely that the pipe has popped off .

Only way to sort that is to remove the boot lid card and replace the pipe.

It's a common fault on A3's apparently although, touch wood, I have been lucky so far !!!

Pull the cap off the wiper arm and you can take off the little nozzle off to clean and unblock.

Thanks mike i have just been out with my torch and tried the washer again -guess what... water started to pour from the front of the engine bay.
Further inspection there seems to be a pipe that has blown - this is where i get ******. The pipe is a big chunky one approx 1-2" in diameter.
Water is splurting out of it ( this pipe is right by the timing belt )
Any idea what this pipe may be and how easy it is to replace??
thanks

Now, be honest mate, you only had water in the washer bottle didn't you ?!!!!

Laws of physics say water expands by one eleventh of its volume on freeziing ( who's a smart **** ! ) so it has to break something. Usually cold water pipes in the house and road etc.

Chances are its' either split the feed pipe from the washer bottle or popped a clip off (hopefully) and needs either popping back or a new pipe.

Don't know how easy to fix but it will have nothing to do with the timing belt thankfully !

lol i was just saying it was neat the cam belt
It seems to be a water hose - but would this hose stop water going to the rear wipers?
I will have a further look tmw and hope its just the hose from the washer bottle that has gone - but if thats the case why are my front washers still working??
Arghhhhh

I'm sure all become will clear in the cold light of day (but not too cold !! )

You did only have water in it didn't you ? :eyebrows:

Course i did ;O)
Will check tmw and hope i ****** hope to god it is just the hose!!

Mine did this last year during the bad weather, was a bitch to fix, the pipe had come apart under the rear 3/4 trim. I had to take that C pillar trim and pull the headling down to fix it. Hated very minute!

i hope mine isnt the same as your lol - i wil take a pic of the part tmw - if the camera can focus in there!!

This happened to me during last years cold weather, and yes, the front washers do still work. Just have to remember not to use the rear otherwise you lose a hell of a lot of screenwash if you forget and operate the rear washer.
Thankfully Audi fixed mine FOC when the car went in for servicing.
Sorry but not sure how to get in there to reconnect the pipe, just know its a bitch.

Last edited: