My A3 8p 2.0TDI 140 ;) R16GGD to blow!

Riggaz_a3

Reaction score
Picked up my new toy about a month ago, love it!

Will keep updating as i go along!

8cc556f3.jpg

Thought i would give the wheels a good scrub! As everytime i wash it, soon after water streams out of the spoke gaps leaving black streeks across my cleaned rims! :(
828a818f.jpg

b31e432a.jpg

As you can see not a pretty sight!!!!
4972fc6b.jpg

f5103f5e.jpg

e7e50413.jpg

With a little help from Mr Liquid ;)
15d4ae90.jpg

f8862d38.jpg

Happy now with the wheel insides squeeky clean!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Whilst the wheels are off, good time to paint the brakes! :)
381affaf.jpg

76aac89c.jpg

Need some tlc! Bit on the dull side! :(
3a666db7.jpg

bd432b2d.jpg

Looks much better! :) well worth £5 for a tin of engine laquer! ;)

Well the wiper motor has given up due to a leak from the washer pipe which seems to happen on most a3's.
Have taken wiper off and bunged hole! Looks better but sadly no rear wiper ! :(
ec0332a0.jpg

cfc1dc58.jpg

7feb300f.jpg

346c6249.jpg

Goodbye mr wiper! Struggled with getting off wiper arm but found that if you dont take nut all the way off, then wobble arm, it comes straight off! Then remove nut rest of way.
Looks clean! ;)

Last edited:
looking good mate ill keep an eye out for you in rochdale :)

Nice one mate, use a wheel cleaner and then a wheel seal like chemical-guys it will make cleaning the wheels much easier in future

Cheers for the advice! Will seal them soon didn't want to use exspensive wheel cleaner on insides so used fairy! Now they are in a clean state will clean and seal properly.

Last edited:
Cheers for the advice! Will seal them soon didn't want to use exspensive wheel cleaner on insides so used fairy! Now they are in a clean state will clean ans seal properly.

That's fair enough mate, the only problem would be that the fairy will strip off any protection/sealant you put on, so you will be better off with a non-acidic wheel cleaner when you get them sealed up.

Yeah thats what i meant now they are in a maintainable state will keep on top of them with decent cleaner, my friend suggested bilberry wheel cleaner? Whats you pref?? Cheers

Looking tidy now ;) what to do next now???? Any suggestions???

0760a6b6.jpg

Cheers :idea:

Last edited:
Yeah thats what i meant now they are in a maintainable state will keep on top of them with decent cleaner, my friend suggested bilberry wheel cleaner? Whats you pref?? Cheers

bilberry is excellent for the money, ive recently started to use chemical-guys diablo and it's great as well bit more expensive but it's 100% safe and it's concentrate so you can dilute to suit the condition of the wheel

bilberry is excellent for the money, ive recently started to use chemical-guys diablo and it's great as well bit more expensive but it's 100% safe and it's concentrate so you can dilute to suit the condition of the wheel

Cheers pal! May try that, saving for porsche wheels so these will be winters soon ;)

Yeahhh loads haha! Like a kid in a sweetshop but dont want to go to far! Want a more sophisticated look! Lol past the 'chavvie boy racer stage now' lol! First of all is grill, headlamps and rear window tintz, any recomendz????

Cheers

Thx pal, thats what i like about this site people get involved and you learn loads ;)

Cheers

have you fixed the split CV boot that put all that mank onto the inside of the wheel in the first place?

i nearly added this quote the other day. i know you should never assume but i assumed it had been fixed lol

have you fixed the split CV boot that put all that mank onto the inside of the wheel in the first place?

To be honest all of the wheels were identicle was more like thick break dust and dirt than grease/oil you'd get from a cv, as you can imagine five years builds up some dirt! In the pic the wet makes it look worse, its an ex rep mobile one owner before me and full service at regulars, know what you mean thow they do go and always best to be careful now the inside of the wheels a blank canvas will check for signs ;) dont think the ex owner bothered much with propper cleaning. cheers for the heads up thow it had crossed my mind while the wheels wer off lol :)

Last edited:
Just while on the subject how much you talking to have a cv done on an a3????
Got me thinking lol!

Yeahhh loads haha! Like a kid in a sweetshop but dont want to go to far! Want a more sophisticated look! Lol past the 'chavvie boy racer stage now' lol! First of all is grill, headlamps and rear window tintz, any recomendz????

Cheers
your past the chavvie boy racer stage.....but you want '' tintZZZZ and recomendZZZZ'' ? LOL

Mainly "Tintz" for security because i usually carry bits and bobs about ;) I.T Techie u see!

As for the recommmeennnndzzzz u know how its is when you tapping away on the iphone z's replace s' cant help it i go into txt mode LOL

Haha only bustin your balls..I'm gona get some tints too but prefer to spend it on an Autotech pump first :)

It's ok pal don't mind a bit of banter lol.

Hows the snow up your way? Bet the quattro comes in handy, thats if it's your daily??

To be honest fancy a milltek, heard one the other day, sounds awsome!

Pressed plates have arrivied dispite snow!!!! Yeyy :)

c219cfd2.jpg

Will post more pics when they are on.

Have put on the pressed plates now, lookin good apart from the sh**e from the snow!!!

28bd05b5.jpg

7a9857f1.jpg

5c74837f.jpg

ae02bbdf.jpg

Grill for me next i think! :)

Rig the plates look good on the car mate. Keep up the good work and hope your enjoying the car.
Cheers pal yours looking sweet too, was looking at your thread, fancy some yellow lamin x now lol

Wheres best to buy it from??? And also love the car enjoying it loads lol

Keep up the good work with yours im from manchester but may try make the kk meet in feb

Cheers

nice looking plates missus looks like a not bad piece of kit either

Phil i love how you always notice the females in the photos:wub:

Cheers pal yours looking sweet too, was looking at your thread, fancy some yellow lamin x now lol

Wheres best to buy it from??? And also love the car enjoying it loads lol

Keep up the good work with yours im from manchester but may try make the kk meet in feb

Cheers

No problem, thanks for the comment:happy: I got mine off ebay try there or just go www.lamin-x.com ebay will be cheaper mind.

Good to hear mate what else have you got planned? I shall try to keep up the good work lol.
Yeah try make KK had a few lads last time travel for over 4hours just to come. Hopefully N8 will make this one but not there if he be local to it or up by your ways.

Phil i love how you always notice the females in the photos:wub:

aye lad what can i say i like shopping around so to speak :laugh: nah my missus is pretty decent and shes a sound lass to boot so i wont be shifting unless she starts being too much of a bint that the hairy side of the hand can fix haha.

fact is im a great catch tbh nicest guy alive too im giving up my hogmany (partly to proove / fake i dont have a drinking problem) for her to cook her a full 3 course meal

Where did you order your plates from pal? I love the pressed ones!

aye lad what can i say i like shopping around so to speak :laugh: nah my missus is pretty decent and shes a sound lass to boot so i wont be shifting unless she starts being too much of a bint that the hairy side of the hand can fix haha.

fact is im a great catch tbh nicest guy alive too im giving up my hogmany (partly to proove / fake i dont have a drinking problem) for her to cook her a full 3 course meal

:lmfao: i actually laughed reading this post. Your a top bloke Phil:thumbsup:

where did you get the plates from pal? Looks great btw!
Hey pal, got them from GSF car parts in manchester but they are a supplier of dubmeister so check their site for a local dealer ;) hope this of help for you mate, Thx