Chris NottVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

Christmas present for the Audi...

Iv got a 2003 a3 with the 2005 facelift front and want to modernise the front end a little more... I know these might not be to everyones taste but to Joe public I think they look like good Audi DRL's at a fraction of the price....

Audi A3 LED Depo photo, picture, image on Use.com

Sorry I can't post a direct link (stupid iPad)

Anyone got these lights on their A3? Any pictures?

Also, what you getting your A3 for Christmas?

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Where you live in Bristol and no, get some OEM Bi-Xenons wired up lad

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

6th Gear

Status
    Save your money towards your next Audi. Sorry.

1st Gear

Status
    Now live back in Oxford... Used to live in horfield then stapleton... I was at UWE...

I'm not looking at changing the Audi anytime soon, it's only a daily as my fun/project car is a mint mk1 Focus RS wich by feb it should be running about 300 bhp...

Love the A3 though! Especially as my old daily was an 8l 1.8 non turbo! Funny story about that by the way... Sold it on Tuesday night and they wrote it off after 8 miles of having it!!! Haha

How much are the OEM Xenons? I got the factory xenons for my focus and they were 300 in very used condition and I just want new lights as I can't be bothered with faulty or dodgy second hand parts...

I do understand how non OEM parts make club members cringe but to anyone else they probably look OEM...
    Last edited by CraigHarrison; 11th December 2010 at 16:37.

4th Gear

Status
    Look decent to me mate try them out!

1st Gear

Status
    275 is an expensive try, haha anyone got a pic of them on the car? Also does anyone know I'd the led's on this will be too dim?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigHarrison View Post
    275 is an expensive try, haha anyone got a pic of them on the car? Also does anyone know I'd the led's on this will be too dim?
    my mate has the A4 versions (also made by depo) on his cabriolet and the DRL's are not as bad as some but they dont look OEM and when on, the light output of the main light is significantly worse than the old standards. Suppose thats not what you want to hear? lol
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    my mate has the A4 versions (also made by depo) on his cabriolet and the DRL's are not as bad as some but they dont look OEM and when on, the light output of the main light is significantly worse than the old standards. Suppose thats not what you want to hear? lol
    That's the kind of review I want to hear.. if you didn't tell me I wouldn't know... Cheers dude!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Ah well done Craig your a good lad

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

1st Gear

Status
    Where you from Nathan? Sorry if that's not your name.. Im Reading between the lines here..

events moderator

Status
    i do like these lights i was going to buy them myself the only thing that put me off was the dipped beam output being less than the standard lights so am saving up for some oem xenon's
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

1st Gear

Status
    I'm sure if you want to get as good as xenons you can get one of those xenon conversion kits from eBay... They work very well...

events moderator

Status
    oh no dont touch them mate long story short they blow your wiper motors and costly to fix i should know its happened to me last year stay well clear of them as every other member will tell you
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

1st Gear

Status
    Wiper motors? Um surly it's a different part of the loom? I know nothing about the 8p yet though, still new to this...

Thanks for the input dude!

Fossie

Status
    Wiper motors? Um surly it's a different part of the loom? I know nothing about the 8p yet though, still new to this...

Thanks for the input dude!
    You need to do some reading up on the subject of non-oem xenons for the 8P ! Loads of threads on here.

Nine times out of ten they blow the wiper motor - something to do with the ballast surge on switch on I think.

As said - steer well clear of them.

6th Gear

Status
    The only non OEM LEDs I'd consider are the Pro R8s. They look much better imho, tho they're still not as good as OEM
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

1st Gear

Status
    Maybe I'll have to just go for the Audi Xenons then! Didn't think about the power sap from the ballast that's a good point...

On the the RNS-E for Christmas now then! Haha paypacket will take a harder hit now!

5th Gear

Status
    BI xenon with the DRL changed for a LED bulb FTW!

They go for between 400 - 500 ballast and bulbs inc from what I've seen

1st Gear

Status
    For around that price I can get this RNS-E...

OEM Audi RNS-E sat nav A3 S3 16:9 GPS DVD MP3 on eBay (end time 05-Jan-11 13:19:36 GMT)

Anyone able to offer me some advice on this? Is it good? Will it work with my Bose system? Whats the difference between this one and the 2010 one?

5th Gear

Status
    Good find, and not a bad price at all including fitting... It has the 3D maps as well. I want that on mine, anybody know if it's just software/ disc?

5th Gear

Status

1st Gear

Status
    legend, might think about getting that instead... im in manchester on monday for the United Arsenal game

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ~RS~ View Post
    i got this yesterday... AMAZING! didnt realise they were that good!!!! i recomment anyone to buy from Multims.co.uk

good bloke too

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Nice one Craig.

1st Gear

Status
    Next on the list is either wheels or coilovers.. 18's too small? Or 19's too big? Don't want to have any scrubbing problems but I don't want to have to slam it on 18's then not be able to get up the slope onto my drive way... If I deck it on 19's then it may be high enough to get up on the drive... I'll have to check the clearence...

For now... What's the recommended ET, rim width and tyre sizes for 18's and 19's?

Also if I get wheels before coilovers, will they look silly on a sport as the arch gap will be huge?

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Yes it will look silly, look through the rims thread for ideas, then we'll go from there.

5th Gear

Status
    They look a bit high (still haven't lowered mine ) It's not all road type highs but needs a drop to look the part for sure. I think you could live with it until you get the coils ur after. Nice one on the Nav, does it have the topographical view as stated in their ad? I want that for mine and was wondering if it was just software or does it require a new unit to work. I see they also do bluetooth fitted for 329 which is another bargain!

BTW, hope your a united fan or you would've needed the new toy to take your mind of the result :P

1st Gear

Status
    i cant decide between LM or CH's.... i am looking at reps though sorry to say it N8...

what does topographical view mean? haha sorry. yeah i was thinking about getting the bluetooth but as i only ever travel a typical distance of about 8 miles i didnt think it was worth it...

I am a United Fan ~RS~ and i had a huge smile on my face all the way back to oxford

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

There isn't a proper LM for 8P anyway iirc, don't have to apologise to me lad, you do what you want!

6th Gear

Status
    I am a United Fan ~RS~ and i had a huge smile on my face all the way back to oxford
    typical
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

5th Gear

Status
    I meant does it do the tom tom type 3d mapping? Birds eye view etc, & If anyone knows if this is just new software, that would be useful

Good on ya ntw, being a united fan

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah it does the 3D mapping and also gives you lane indication on the motorway just like the new tom toms... Best thing that I didn't know it did was show the next turn or roundabout information on the screen in between the rev counter and speedo

5th Gear

Status
    I'm jealous man! I need to find out if I can get these functions with a new disc or is it more complicated...

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah it does the 3D mapping and also gives you lane indication on the motorway just like the new tom toms... Best thing that I didn't know it did was show the next turn or roundabout information on the screen in between the rev counter and speedo
    that screen is called "DIS" - Driver's Information System

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

1st Gear

Status
    Where you from RS? Think it will be more than just puttin in a CD tbh