Washer bottle filter?

One Spoke

Reaction score
Silly question - I've got a 2007 S3 and topped up the washer bottle last night and noticed for the 1st time there is no plastic filter in the filler neck. My previous Golf and the wife's A6 both had one.

Is mine missing? (I bought it used last year)

Cheers

Pete

The filler neck should narrow to about 6mm a bit further down and I assume that acts as the filter.

Stops leaves etc. getting down anyway !

There may also be some sort of filter at the pump end.

Anyway my A3 doesn't have one that is visible.

Mine has a filter so assume you both have yours missing! It's a plastic mesh that slides into the neck off the washer filler...

Ok now need to know. I don't have one, my last 06 model didn't have one and I assumed that it was missing in the last car and by coincidence in current one. Now confused???

Ok now need to know. I don't have one, my last 06 model didn't have one and I assumed that it was missing in the last car and by coincidence in current one. Now confused???

mines an 04 and has one!

Just a thought, maybe your engine spec dictates what bottle type fits and therefore some have and some dont as a result?

Mine has a filter so assume you both have yours missing! It's a plastic mesh that slides into the neck off the washer filler...

Can you tell us the part number please as ETKA does not show any filter.

It does, however, show an insert in the filler neck that is desribed as 'not replacement part'.

I presume it will depend on which bottle was fitted originally considering the part is not available as a spare.

Can you tell us the part number please as ETKA does not show any filter.

It does, however, show an insert in the filler neck that is desribed as 'not replacement part'.

I presume it will depend on which bottle was fitted originally considering the part is not available as a spare.

theres no part number on mine!