8P S3 Anyone had problems with the fuel relief valve on the fuel rail?

elgan

Reaction score
8P S3 Anyone had problems with the fuel relief valve on the fuel rail?

been having problems with the car, fuel pressure jumping from good 120+ pressure to as low as 7 bar at the rail.

i was told a fuel relief valve on the fuel rail maybe at fault. i bought part from audi at 19+vat. its a threaded piece that goes in below the inlet manifold and accepts fuel line. I havnt changed it yet as it looks in an awkward place!

anyone had to change one of these before?

I looked to change the sensor/valve on top of the fuel pump (32mm spanner fixing), but they said this comes complete with a fuel pump only?

current fault code reads Low fuel pressure.

Help, im missing the car big time!​

Apparently there is an easy way of doing this, i suggested it to my tuning company to save me some labour costs of having to remove the inlet mani. What you need is a small spanner with a 'V' shaped notch cut out of it.

u mean like a ring spanner with a notch cut out of it?

whats the sensor on top of the hpfp called? its part of a 32mm fixing. does this control fuel pressure also?

Maybe worth taking the std S3 valve back to audi and getting the Rs4 one if you are thinking of doing any future mods to your car? Its supposed to be worth doing from what I have read and while you're changing it, may as well get the uprated one!!

Just an idea.......

There is an easy way to do it, but it needs custom parts. The long way is to remove the manifold. If your modding your motor you should go for the RS4 one.

That might not be your problem... Have you checked your cam follower?

ive got that valve changed without removing the manifold. pig of a job. i just stuck a new s3 one in.

need a new sensor for the top of the HPFP now, audi will only sell the pump complete. any one got one spare? 06F 127 025 H 7428. its built into like a 32mm bolt.

also fitted autotech internals.

I had an RS4 regulator fitted to mine when I was having the turbo kit fitted.

For what it's worth,it will hold the rail pressure more reliably than the standard S3 item.