how to take standard headunit off

Hendy

Reaction score
hi i have a 04 plate a3 just wondering if any1 could help me. i am trying to get the original headunit off to try and fix my parrot that stopped working yday. not sure how to get it off and dont want 2 try force in incase i break it.

Cheers for any help

Off or out?
I assume you want to remove the unit.

You will need some Audi stereo keys to remove it.
They are flat with a finger loop at the end.
Depending on your head unit you will need 2 or 4 keys.

Insert theses in to the flat slots on the unit, angel them to the side (i think its out) and pull the unit towards you.

This is from memory for the couple i've done, so this might not be 100% but someone who has done it on your car should be along to comfirm.

Off or out?
I assume you want to remove the unit.

You will need some Audi stereo keys to remove it.
They are flat with a finger loop at the end.
Depending on your head unit you will need 2 or 4 keys.

Insert theses in to the flat slots on the unit, angel them to the side (i think its out) and pull the unit towards you.

This is from memory for the couple i've done, so this might not be 100% but someone who has done it on your car should be along to comfirm.

That is correct - and you can get the suitable keys from Halfrauds !

thought it would have been something like this didnt see any slots but only had time for a quick look earlier so al have a better look after work. mates a mechanic for audi hopefully hel b able 2 borrow some :). cheers for the info

havn't spoke to him yet hes working so cant get hold of him till later on. just stoped working last night. in work so just thought i would try and get some extra advise being a mechanic am not sure if they deal much with the headunits etc. will try fink out the model,

cheers