Engine Management Light

darkside

Reaction score
Hi, ive got 2006 A3 2.0 Tdi and when i go to start it the engine management light wont come on preventing me from starting the car, anybody had this problem or knows what it could be? cheers.

Hi, ive got 2006 A3 2.0 Tdi and when i go to start it the engine management light wont come on preventing me from starting the car, anybody had this problem or knows what it could be? cheers.

I've tried but I cannot understand what it is you are asking.

Post your problem again.

When i turn the ignition on all the usual lights come on apart from the engine management light and the engine wont start, i have to turn the igniton on and off till i can get it to come on allowing me to start the engine. Also tonight a Low Oil Pressure warning flashed up tonight while trying to start it. any ideas? cheers.

When i turn the ignition on all the usual lights come on apart from the engine management light and the engine wont start, i have to turn the igniton on and off till i can get it to come on allowing me to start the engine. Also tonight a Low Oil Pressure warning flashed up tonight while trying to start it. any ideas? cheers.

The oil pressure light will come on after approx 7 or 8 seconds trying to turn the engine over. It only pops up because with the car not started the oil pump hasn't come on online so it reads the oil pressure as being insufficient. It's a knock on of the car not starting.

How does it sound when trying to start?

Edit: And you're priming the glow plugs yes? ...it is pretty chilly out so it'll def need them.

The glow plug light wont go out at all but im thinking thats cos the engine management light has not came on when the ignition is turned. If i leave it turned for more than 20 aeconds the engine fan comes on. Does all that make sense?