US Front Plate Holder

YoungDan

www.DubClique.net
Reaction score
Website
www.dubclique.net
DSC_0187.jpg

CIMG2188.jpg

Can anyone tell me the part number and price for this item? Thanks in advance. :)

Just out of intrest is there also a blank filler plate? As some USA no need for a front plate?

Yea that's what I meant, be good job for a show instead of the plate

Anyone know the part number for the filler plate as audi dont seem to think they even sell it at the parts desk!

Filler plate:

Stone grey: 8P4807287J1QP
Matte black: 8P4807287J3FZ

For facelift 2008+:
Glossy black: 8P0807287HT94

Filler plate looks good with the silver strips but overall it is crap as legally you can't run no plate in the uk and looks pathetic in the window or anywhere else than where it should be.

The holder dan posted isn't that bad as you can have a uk plate still on there.

So this will not fit the S3?

CIMG2188.jpg

And is this the right part number for it since the S3 grill is grey-ish?

Any front on pictures of this grill on a US A3?

I know plates in the window look gay as hell, but I would like to run the filler plate and no front plate at all.

Few lads I know do this and have had no trouble in well over 6 months, if I do ever get warned, told etc... ill pay the £60 and be done with it.

Always got the plated one in the boot to swap over. ;)

I need to see one of these filler plates fitted!

There is an american company which do a flip out number plate holder which is stored under the bumper. I cannot remember the name of the company... jackson something :S there was a thread on here about it over a year ago.

You could incorporate it in the S-Line bumper under the grill

Does anyone know how to get the recess strip off the bumper? I've just looked at mine and it looks like one complete grill recess panel combo, ha

Does anyone know how to get the recess strip off the bumper? I've just looked at mine and it looks like one complete grill recess panel combo, ha

post up a pic of yours mate, it should be separately fixed from its underside with about 4 screws, but if yours is all one that could mean its aftermarket one piece! (Like the FK ones)

2f5cbb6b.jpg

c1b8a50b.jpg

b23d106e.jpg

Definitely can't see any bolts, or joins in plastic, probs is a one piece

Does any one if there a company out there that does the same product for the S3 bumper?
Or could i just take it to a bodyshop and get them to sort it out?:happy:

jord yea its not an aftermarket one, are you sure there are no fixing on the underside of the plate holder?

Yeah it looks one piece, can't see any fixings where it should be, I will have another look later, but if it is one piece, I need a oem grill, if anyone is selling one?

Yeah it looks one piece, can't see any fixings where it should be, I will have another look later, but if it is one piece, I need a oem grill, if anyone is selling one?

thing is that grill certainly looks OEM

i seen another a3 today in asda carpark and that was a one piece grill aswell?
mine deffo a one piece,

Filler plate:

Matte black: 8P4807287J3FZ

For facelift 2008+:
Glossy black: 8P0807287HT94

Is this the part number for the one pictured here:

16_azer_story_image_1.jpg

As this would be the one to suit the "black grill" on my car, in the process if trying to order it

Sorry top drag this bag up, has anybody got the part number for the fully deleted strip (plain us strip) with the chrome lines?

cheers

sorry to drag this up, but is there anywhere to get a number plate filler with the two chrome strips over it? preferably in gloss black? for a 2007 s-line front bumper!