snow damage!!!

rOb_A

Reaction score
car just slid into a kerb due to the snow :unsure: the wheel has been kerbed but not too bad but the steering feels like sh*te!! anyone any ideas whats wrong?

does it feel kinda floaty and vague? You might have damaged the track rod end and so the tracking is out.

I'd get the aligment checked & wheel too. Sometimes a wheel doesnt look too bad until you spin it.

Last edited:
It could be wheel alignment due to a bent control arm or is it a wheel wobble which could be a damaged tyre or wheel.

yep it feels floaty and vague. is it safe to drive? plus an easy repair? no wheel wobble as i drove it back slow'ish due to the snow. thanks btw

Its hard to say if its safe unless looked at. If the aligment is out then it will affect handling & wear the tyres unevenly.

i drove home, which was about 2 miles, could steer the car but the steering wheel is pointing in the wrong direction, plus as mentioned is feels floaty and wierd. what you think? aim to get it into a garage asap but its the weekend

just checked the car underneath lower wishbone is bent :sadlike: expensive fix??

Well cannot imagine it will be that cheap, a couple hours taking it off and putting back on, and lets assume you have not bent the chassis where the mountings are, I would have thought the wishbone section be a few hundred as well, with new rubbers etc. add Tracking, but I am guessing all this, I would tend to take it to a body shop, the most important part is to found out if chassis is damaged, and any other parts you may have not seen. (Hopefully NOT)

You must of clumped it quite hard. :(