exhaust tips

rOb_A

Reaction score
anyone know of cleaning my chrome tips of my exhaust? they're well sooted and wont clean of my hand. cheers in advance :thumbsup:

have a look in the detailing section. there's advice in there

I've always used "Autosol" for that exact purpose. Superb for chrome!

I've always used "Autosol" for that exact purpose. Superb for chrome!

never worked on my 1.6 tho... apparently there's an Autoglym product (mentioned in the detailing section - i don't remember the name) that when used alongside Autosol brings them up a treat. like brand new apparently.

thanks everyone will have a look in detailing :cold:

I nornally use wonder wheels to get the worse soot off etc, then polish then with autoglym metal polish (comes in a tube) as it has tiny rough bits in which help clean the soot off but does not scratch. Bu you can look a bit OCD cleaning the exhaust

The best thing to get the initial soot of would be your standard household APC.

I use Brasso wadding, its great. Also used it with the autoglym metal polish too, comes up a treat. But as said above, check out the detailing, its a great part of the forum

tried brasso (did'nt know that stuff was still around!) but no luck. its like the soot is now baked on. whats APC ? have i got some in my house? didn't think about autosol car thanks again everyone!!

Jif without the J mate

Defo autosol for me to just work at it and all will come off and polish up like new
And who ever said wheel cleaner spot on for cutting through the soot or TFR (traffic film remover)

anyone know of cleaning my chrome tips of my exhaust? they're well sooted and wont clean of my hand. cheers in advance :thumbsup:

Asked myself the same question about a week ago and came to the conclusion of using the search function..So to save you the hassle of searching through..Autosol was the answer! ..Obviously you need to stay on top of it and not let your exhausts get too bad and you should be alright. Found some at Halfrauds for about a fiver and must admit, it worked. Anyways, hope this helps.

Oh and as someone mentioned earlier, if its bad use autosol with wirewool.

APC... now its time to post another thread