18" RS6 / S-Line Replica Alloys wheels

c_w

Reaction score
Have got an S-Line Sportback with the 18" RS6 style alloys and they're not in great condition and one is buckled (balanced ok and is on the back so can't feel it). Have been looking at getting them refurbed but as one needs replacing have seen that for about £300 you can buy replicas that seem to be the same size 18x8 and offset ET42 as the OEM AUDI alloys.

Does anyone run these and are there any differences to the genuine alloys?

1287654692050_RS6_19.jpg

18" SPE RS6 ALLOY WHEELS ONLY AUDI A3 on eBay (end time 16-Dec-10 10:38:18 GMT)

You can find single alloys on eBay for £150ish, and refurbing 4 alloys will cost another £150ish.

That's BY FAR a better option than getting reps.

Just so we're clear - DO NOT GET REPS.

Is there any reason why not though other than they aren't "original"? Other good reason is that car isn't off the road whilst the wheels are being done (can just get tyres swapped over, maybe even sell the originals on).

Think these audi wheels have hollow spokes so are lighter by something like 15%, Should retain a higher retail value should you decide to sell later on. Other than that I dont know about strength etc, You would assume the originals should be of a higher standard but I dont actually know.............

The replicas are generally heavier and may not be the best quality - eg. should you tap a curb they may buckle / damage much more easily - saying that though, if your just after a set of nice wheels and don't care too much for performance then a lot of people do opt for reps....

Thanks for that! I have seen a few on ebay of those dimensions (the original ones), so in that case I may well just stick to OEM, the replicas are going to sit about 14mm further out at a rough guess.

As above really. They're heavy, poor quality, they may peel their lacquer after a few months and need refurbing anyway, you can often tell they're reps a mile off etc etc etc

Just track down a new wheel on eBay. That design is very common and it shouldn't be hard!