S3 tuning

sturs4

Reaction score
Im thinking very hard about giving myself a christmas present this year in the form of 340bhp(ish).Is anyone else running this sort of power?Any problems etc?

cheers

Im thinking very hard about giving myself a christmas present this year in the form of 340bhp(ish).Is anyone else running this sort of power?Any problems etc?

cheers

im running about 327bhp, the only problem is my clutch is starting to slip, apart from that everything else is fine, but all depends on how you drive will depend if anything starts to need up rating or wearing out faster

im running about 327bhp, the only problem is my clutch is starting to slip, apart from that everything else is fine, but all depends on how you drive will depend if anything starts to need up rating or wearing out faster

Thats the thing im worried about.its my everyday car and i dont want to spend time and money repairing it every 5 minutes.Are you running standard brakes?Another thing is il be running standard suspension too for the minute,do you recon that will be a big problem?

every day even with the extra power its fine, the brakes are fine as well, its just that when they come up for changing i would put in some 5.1 fluid and some better pads, which im still finding it hard to find, but thats down to me driving the car harder then before
the standard suspension is also fine, ive only just got some springs, which will be going on soon, but there is nothing wrong with the standard car, it just needs a map to bring it to life, the only weak point is the clutch and flywheel, which will go at some point in the near future once its been mapped, but once thats changed, i cant see you having any problems

cheers,

Ive been quoted 340bhp ish from a milltek TBE with sports cats,high pressure fuel pump,diverter valve,pannel filter and phase 2 custom code map.If i get it done i might aswell put a performance clutch and fly wheel on to save any heart ache later,Sachs stage 2 kit is around £750.Il maybe change the disc's to drilled and grooved at some point.Im not 100% sure im gonna do it yet but im thinking about it.

to be honest, the diverter valve wont make a difference to the power of the car, a panel filter wont give the engine enough air (ull need a CAI) so it wont be able to make full use of the map and as far as getting a custom code, your prob be better off getting a map from one of the mappers out there that have already done the leg work on developing a map, people like revo, shark, evolve and sure there are a couple more out there but cant remember off the top of my head
if your doing the clutch you will need a flywheel as well, think thats more like £1100? think with mine ill be going for a Helix Stage 2 Uprated Clutch Kit. think changing the rotors is a bit ott unless your going to be tracking the car, from what ive been told by my tuner your money is best spent on decent pads and fluid as thats where the real problems with fade come from, im just finding it hard to find a place that does uprated pads for the 8P S3

Sound.il be speaking to them tomorrow about a few options and questions so il see what they have to say about power and mapping.The company that has quoted this has done some truely awesome cars in the past and ive heard good things about them.i might just go for a stage 1 upgrade,Saves money plus you still get a good amount of power gain.Gonna have to sleep on it for now.

Don't bother with a panel filter total waste of time and the diverter valve wont increase your power as mentioned above. Your car should have the new piston type diverter valve anyway which is good enough.
Changing the spring in the wastegate actuator though can be beneficial to get couple of extra PSI boost.

Im thinking about a few more BHP aswell, Ive already got the TBE and got my BSH CAI ready to go on. I dont know wether to go the whole hog with the fuel pump and stage 2 plus or just a stage 1 or 2 remap with Revo

cheers

There are quite a few people running this sort of power or more.
If you are going to do it,it's worth doing properly,and you would need to budget on getting an uprated clutch sooner rather than later,as the stock clutch really is marginal above 330lbs of torque if not less.
My own car has run 360bhp and 360lbs of torque very reliably for about 20 000 miles,and the mods include a Forge CAI,Autotech HPFP internals,plus I've had the suspension and brakes uprated,along with a Haldex controller,and is now up to around 440bhp after a turbo upgrade and some other work

You can run the car without the brakes and suspension upgrades,but higher power levels will show up the shortcomings of the standard bits.
You would need the exhaust and CAI plus the pump for Stg2+,and my own preference for software is Revo....the backup is excellent.

Cheers guys,plenty of things to think about.Is it true that you need to upgrade the fuel pump if your putting a TBE on the car?few people have told me this is the case.

cheers,

Ive been quoted 340bhp ish from a milltek TBE with sports cats,high pressure fuel pump,diverter valve,pannel filter and phase 2 custom code map.

...as far as getting a custom code, your prob be better off getting a map from one of the mappers out there that have already done the leg work on developing a map, people like revo, shark, evolve and sure there are a couple more out there but cant remember off the top of my head

Do you mean you mean custom code or Custom-Code

Cheers guys,plenty of things to think about.Is it true that you need to upgrade the fuel pump if your putting a TBE on the car?few people have told me this is the case.

you dont have to, but a few people had said that the fuel pump is worth doing even if your going stage one as the standard one isnt up to much

Not really....if you're going to put Stg2+ Revo software on,which would take you to about 360bhp,you will need the HPFP modified,but for Stg1 and Stg2,it's not essential.
I would say though,that if you're intending to continue modifying the car,then it's well worth doing,as it will allow you to run that power when you have the other mods done.
The most important things are going to be the exhaust and CAI to get you the power gains you expect,and to have the engine run smoothly without airflow limitation via the stock intake system.

Decided.Sharkperformance map,thats it.Cheers for all your help guys

haha did you speak to N8 on here about it?

Funny enought yes lol.he collard me a few months back when i was thinking about getting a map but im gonna go for it now.that should be plenty of power for the time being.hard ware to follow bit by bit.

haha i dont blame you, i was going to get a shark map on mine but a friend pointed me towards evolve as hes always had his cars worked on my them and he got me a very very good discount!! and with the real world driving and dyno results i havent looked back but im sure you will be equally happy with the shark results!
bit by bit i reckon is the best way, that way you get to see the improvements stage by stage and that way your less likly to get bored of the power and helps keep the intrest for longer!
next tho i think you should get an Evoms CAI... the noise it makes is intoxicating!!

Wicked i will bare that in mind for my next mod.Its booked into shark for wednesday so i will keep you posted.Hopefully the snow will have melted some more by then,if not drifts all the way lol.

its a well worthwhile mod and with the map you will get a real difference in performance
that was the one real good thing about the snow, empty car parks were a huge amount of fun!! some of the roads, not so much

well i went down and had the map installed but shock horror (not) i got clutch slip so il had it removed for the time being.

Sorry to hear that mate!
Thats got to be a real kick in the guts!

If anyone is interested, ive just bought an autotech HPFP from PD tuning for £265 and they will fit it for £50> anyone else out there gone this route? I know that this is an Audi site but the ed30 is pretty close and i will be looking for stage 2+

If anyone is interested, ive just bought an autotech HPFP from PD tuning for £265 and they will fit it for £50> anyone else out there gone this route? I know that this is an Audi site but the ed30 is pretty close and i will be looking for stage 2+

If you plan on going to Stg2+,you will need this.

I had the Autotech internals fitted to mine and it's been reliable.

Make sure the cam follower is changed as well.

The internals is something i need to speak to Ben about at AMD tomorrow about.

PD tuning?
Another North east lad?

Paddy thinks us lot eat wippets and run our cars on coal n that...

i bought a HPFP off PD Tuning last week. Highly recommended, a very knowledgeable chap in the TFSI chapter too