Build Week

MattyW19

Reaction score
Hi,

Phoned up audi yesterday, and they said the had a build week - but a provisional one. They have give me 04 - I presume is late Janurary?

Do they change about alot before they are confirmed?

Thanks

I was given 3 build dates the final being week 14 2011 but that has been bought forward to week 7.

wow! When did you order the car? Is it a Sport Back?

Ordered the car August 5th and getting a courtesy car from Audi UK in January until mine arrives for the delay's.

After trawling the net to see if anyone else is having problems with delivery times from Audi, I came across this thread so had to register and reply. So firstly a quick Hello to everyone on the forum, I'm sure I'll spend many hours looking through and posting.

As for trouble with Audi build times I'm having the same problems. I ordered an Audi A3 140 bhp S-Line Sportback (with no extras) in the last week of July 2010 and I'm still waiting for delivery, it should have been delivered on the 31st December from the dealer. I was informed just before Xmas the build date (un-confirmed) is the 7 week of 2011 for delivery towards the end of March. I have to be honest pretty un-acceptible from a company such as Audi. I have complained to Audi UK with no luck they couldn't do anything. Lets hope the car is worth waiting for!! I was on the verge of cancelling and going for something else only there is a lead time of about 3-4 months on everything at the moment so wouldn't be any better off, but if I had been told at the time of ordering the car wouldn't be with me for 8 months I would have chosen something different!! I received a phone call from a company doing a survey on behalf of Audi over Xmas and they didn't get a very positive survey result from me.

Last edited:
Why didn't you push for a courtesy car as they clearly state in the back if the brochure that they will supply if they cause the delay, I am also very surprised in the delay that you have had as I thought the issue wad on the Black Edition and the optional extras (that is why mine is delayed for 7.5 months).

Anyway welcome to forum.

I agree with JBS. when we ordered BE in July original Build week was 42. This moved to Week 7 after the summer for the reasons jbs mentions BUT we could have still had the standard SLine build week 42 if we wanted it. If your order is in and it is a personal one Audi should bend over backwards to help as they have with us.

I wish they would, I can't get the dealer to reply to my emails so it could be a phone call tomorrrow. I could do with a few extras thrown in for free for all the hasstle and delays, in fact I wouldn't mind upgrading to a black edition if they can do it for the same money!!

Your better off phoning the dealer as I found out that they don't like committing with emails as you have it black & white if it all goes tits up.

I have a confirmed build week of 04 which is this week. They told me it wouldn't change around and is confirmed, but I'm not building my hopes up because with the amount of delays around! I had a estimated delivery date of June, but everything seems to be going well (touch wood!).

I was thinking of giving them a phone call this week to see if they could give me any updates?

I have an update! It has been built and is awaiting shipment! :)

I have an update! It has been built and is awaiting shipment! :)

Good news, at least someones car is on the move!

I rang today, no update, still not confirmed. According to the dealers records, the car is now scheduled for build week 6, but I'm not holding my breath. I tried them for some extras to be added to the car but all I got was an appology, i've not been as lucky as others on the site, I was offered nothing for waiting since July and the hassel I've had.

As far as I'm concerned Audi have got a long way to go before they will redeem themselves after this fiasco, lets hope the car lives up to my expectations. I was due to change my own vehicle this year and I was seriously considering a new Audi but not any longer, I'm off to get a different badge!! I think its time some of the publications such as Autoexpress etc were made aware of the way customers are being treated by the company.

I was really looking forward to my car but somehow it has lost its shine now after 7 months!

Hopefully when it arrives I will change my mind!

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum and had to share my experience with you. I ordered an A5 sportback S-Line on the 20th December. I was told that the car is expected to go into build in Week 10 of 2011 and delivery for Mid April. I then recieved an E-Mail from the guy I dealt with at the dealership who told me that the build had still not been confirmed and that its looking like the car will be ready for delivery at the end of April...... How has it gone from mid April to end of April without a build confirmation!?! Well I'm going to wait and I hope they dont let me down. Luckily i've only got to wait for 4 months and I feel sorry for A3Tony9. Thats a long time to wait for a car. Have you paid for it yet? Walk into the dealer and tell them its not acceptable to make you wait that long! There has to be some sort of consumer rights you have!

Ordered a S3 SB BE Xmas eve. Was told last week that I have a provisional build week 12. Like most of you guys, I'm not getting my hopes up!

It appears that there a lot or people in the same boat as myself, I realise that due to the recession these vehicles are only being built to order, but I find it hard to believe they can't increase production when the demand is there! Audi should be ashamed of the way they are treating their customers at the moment, it appears that Audi feel they are now bigger than the customers who order the vehicles, as they can't be bothered to assist, help or inform them of problems with production. Keep the customers in the dark and they won't mind!! I wonder if the dealers were up front with their customers about delivery times at the point of order, how many would continue with the order for that vehicle? Not many I would think!!

I don't mean to have a moan about Audi but I'm seriously not impressed so far, from my experience Audi just don't seem to care and it seems to be basically tough luck, it will arrive when it arrives. I've just about managed an appology from the fleet department at the dealership, and they seem embarrased, probably because I have confronted them over the delays. It isn't their fault it is Audi UK and ultimately the factory and the orders department.

Unfortunately it is a lease vehicle through the company I work for so I haven't parted with any cash yet. Although ultimately I will be paying well over 50% of the leasing cost for the 3 year term of the lease when the car arrives, which is quite a substantial amount of money. I have rung the dealers and emailed to see if they can help me out with some extras for the hassel and long delay, but they have enquired (so they say) with Audi and its a "no go" just a loose appology. To be honest if I had been informed the delay was going to be this long I would have been driving a BMW now instead! I had thought of cancelling my order but there is a cancellation fee and I would be back to square one, at this late stage fingers crossed it should be with me before another vehicle if I ordered today.

Its a shame a few from Audi Uk don't read the forum, they may get an idea how fed up some of us are with the situation!!

Yes, I ordered late October/early November and had a estimated delivery date of June 11. I thought this was rather long, but I was in two mind of getting a Scirocco. In the end I went for the Audi but I had so many issues ordering it (in terms of NO discount) so I went to Drive The Deal and placed my order through there.

I haven't built my hopes up, and I continue not to - Until I have seen the car in it's flesh!! It's currently waiting to be shipped over, for a March delivery. I'm keeping my fingers crossed everything will go to plan!!

Just think, it will be worth the wait in the end! But at the end of the day, my argument is there the business - they should chase us, not us chasing them!! I know someone who would of ordered a A3 Black Edition 2.0TDI yet was put off by the provisional waiting list of 8-9 Months, and is now looking at alternative cars, such as the BMW 1 Series Coupe.

Must credit Audi Marketing!!

Advice please. Ordered my BE S-Tronic on 13th October 2010 and was given an expected delivery date of the 29th April 2011. Spoke to the leasing company at the beginning of January and they advised that according to Audi, the car had a provisional build date of week 6 (7th Feb 2011). Emailed the leasing company yesterday to enquire if the build date had been confirmed and I have been informed that there has been no movement. My question to you guys is how far do Audi work ahead and do I have any chance of getting a build week 6 if this has not yet been confirmed i.e could it be confirmed next week?

Advice please. Ordered my BE S-Tronic on 13th October 2010 and was given an expected delivery date of the 29th April 2011. Spoke to the leasing company at the beginning of January and they advised that according to Audi, the car had a provisional build date of week 6 (7th Feb 2011). Emailed the leasing company yesterday to enquire if the build date had been confirmed and I have been informed that there has been no movement. My question to you guys is how far do Audi work ahead and do I have any chance of getting a build week 6 if this has not yet been confirmed i.e could it be confirmed next week?

If confirmed, they could be it week earlier or week late in my case but either way a week is the most.

I had a build week of 04, but it was built when I enquired about the status of the car (which was on the 25th Jan).

A bit of news, the build date of my car has now been confirmed at week 6, starting on the 7th Feb. Apparently Audi are only confirming build dates two weeks before the build! Delivery is expected Early March according to the dealer, We'll wait and see!!

If Audi are confirming the build dates two weeks before it looks as if I'm out of luck. Provisional build of week 7 has still not been confirmed. Hope I don't have to wait until the original date of the 29th April, having ordered at the beginning of Oct.

To be honest its a poor situation all round. I don't think Audi are doing as much as they could and are sitting back on their laurels in the thought that we will all wait. I think Audi have stuck their head in the sand and are hoping that no one will say anything about delivery times!!

Phoned Audi today (cut out the leasing company - ****** useless) & asked when my car was due. According to the last email from the leasing company (two weeks ago) no build date had been confirmed and I was still on for an end April / beginning May delivery (ordered Oct). Informed Audi of this and was told "hmm, the car has been build and is awaiting shipment"! Enquired as to how long this would take and was told, "don't know for sure, three to four weeks." Does this sound about right? Should I get me hopes up for mid March?

I ordered in mid november and was told April/May. Then in late December got a call to with a confirmed build week 5. It is currently in transit, dealer is expecting it next week but will hold it until March for the new reg.

Phoned Audi today (cut out the leasing company - ****** useless) & asked when my car was due. According to the last email from the leasing company (two weeks ago) no build date had been confirmed and I was still on for an end April / beginning May delivery (ordered Oct). Informed Audi of this and was told "hmm, the car has been build and is awaiting shipment"! Enquired as to how long this would take and was told, "don't know for sure, three to four weeks." Does this sound about right? Should I get me hopes up for mid March?[/QUOTE

Mid march sounds about right, it's may come sooner.

Apparently mine has now been built and is waiting for shipment, and due to arrive at the dealers in mid March as well. Sounds to me that possibly the UK may have set build weeks and shipping dates so they ship all the cars for one country together, is this a possibility?

Another update :)

At the dealers, ready to be picked up on a 11 plate! Have my reg :):):)

Another update :)

At the dealers, ready to be picked up on a 11 plate! Have my reg :):):)

Good for you, that's a good bit of news at last!!

My car as of last week wass still showing as waiting for shipment, hopefully it should be at the dealers in the next couple of weeks or so, and also on the new 11 plate. I was hoping they would all be shipped together, but obviously not otherwise mine would be at the dealers as well!!

Thanks :) Mine took about 2-3 weeks to come over, so hopefully yours should be over soon! They will be worth the wait anyway!!

Good for you, that's a good bit of news at last!!

My car as of last week wass still showing as waiting for shipment, hopefully it should be at the dealers in the next couple of weeks or so, and also on the new 11 plate. I was hoping they would all be shipped together, but obviously not otherwise mine would be at the dealers as well!!

We have our Reg but no B* car yet!!

Ordered Late October, build week 31st Jan, Dispatched on the 2nd Feb, At docks awaiting shipping 4th Feb Arrive in the U.K on the 14th Feb, Reg No 21st Feb, Pick up the 11 plate S3 on the 1st March. All the dates have been met so far with no problems.