Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

wobbly wheels...really annoying

The story starts with my car 2008 S3 with stock rims and stock tires (michelin sp3; rims18/7.5/54 offset) My car (APR stage three) was looking anemic so I thought I'd deck it out with new rims (Lenso 18/8.5/42 offset) and Toyo R1R. To my dismay the steering wheel started shaking at 140 km/h. I didn't know whether it was the new rims, tires, or the fact that things needed to settle after being installed. I drove 500 km and rebalanced the wheels. The car still had the shakes I then put back on the stock rims with the new tires and no shakes. This led me to believe that something about those rims caused the car to shake. Why only at 140 km/h; I dont know. Today I put on a new set of rims; Lenso 18/8/45. These parameters are closer to stock than the first set. Guess what? The car is shaking; again I have no idea why this is happening. I am sick of my old rims. They just are too bland. I want something cooler. Why is the steering wheel shaking? It always had a very, very little bit of wobbliness around 140 and I thought this was due to the speed sensor connecting in and giving me more or less steering control at those speeds. Anyone have any clues. I am running 420 hp on stock rims

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Are they static balanced?
    Audi RS4 B7 Saloon in Mugello Blue

Neutral

Status
    If you mean are they balanced on a machine that spins the wheel while off the car than the answer is yes. No other way to balance here.

6th Gear

Status
    ....spigot rings? What is the bore size of your new rims, im guessing its significantly bigger than your stock hub size of 57.1mm. If it is, you will need spigot rings so that the wheel centralises on the hub properly, else it wil shudder
    Last edited by Alex C; 1st December 2010 at 09:31.
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos