Anywhere to search part numbers (Bose amp)

underconstruction

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a 2004 2.0 TDI with a Bose system, but since I bought it there has been a buzzing from the speakers (even with stereo switched off). I've been advised that it could be a faulty Bose amp.

Is there anywhere I can check which part numbers will fit my A3? I phoned the chumps at Manchester Audi who informed me that a replacement was £371 + vat (!!) - but wouldn't tell me which part number he was going to sell me!

I've found a second hand Bose amp for £100 but it's from a 5 door A3, which is apparently different to the 3dr A3 amp? (8P3035223B for 5dr, 8P3035223A for 3dr). Does anyone know if they are interchangable at all?

Any advice would much appreciated

don't bother mate. get a replacement amp of AndyMac. he does an upgrade that improves the system.

costs £350 i believe

How loud is the buzzing? Or is it better described as hissing when the volume is turned down?

If you have hissing then they all do this, some worse than others.

sub39h
don't bother mate. get a replacement amp of AndyMac. he does an upgrade that improves the system.

costs £350 i believe​

Wish I could afford that but I'm on a shroestring unfortunately

Axios
vagcat.com has an on-line ETK for the VAG group
Useful site; reckons I can use 8p0035223A or 8p3035223. It has different part number for 5 door (8p4035223)
Anyone know if the connectors are the same?

JohnS3
How loud is the buzzing? Or is it better described as hissing when the volume is turned down?
Buzzing gets fairly loud, but only when lights are on or when using right indicator!! It definitely a fault, but as I'm not 100% sure it's the amp I'm trying to keep it cheap-ish

If you, ahem, 'know where to look' you can download ETKA off the internet.

Apparently.

was gonna say... apparently the ones you get for £5ish are much better. i plan on investing in one soon, along with a VCDS cable

If you have hissing then they all do this, some worse than others.

i've had 2 3drs now (2005/54 8P1 Sport and 2006/55 8P2 S-Line) both with BOSE. neither of them did this.