Latest DIS - locking configuration?

Vertigo1

Reaction score
I've been informed by the dealer that the latest DIS on the A3 can be used to configure the locking configuration, both enabling disabling the convenience locking (i.e. single/double press to unlock drivers/all doors or just one press for all doors) and the drive-away locking (locks above 10mph, unlocks when you remove key from ignition).

Can someone with the latest DIS confirm that they can alter these two functions?

Cheers.

I seem to recall the convenience menu yes, sure it had autolocking listed, cant check mine atm as battery on bench charging.

I've been informed by the dealer that the latest DIS on the A3 can be used to configure the locking configuration, both enabling disabling the convenience locking (i.e. single/double press to unlock drivers/all doors or just one press for all doors) and the drive-away locking (locks above 10mph, unlocks when you remove key from ignition).

Can someone with the latest DIS confirm that they can alter these two functions?
Cheers.

Ive got this on my MY10 car!

Yeah I was about to say I think this started on MY10s, mine is MY09 and doesn't have it, although it does have the advanced DIS menu.

Yeah looks like it coincided with the change to the white DIS

Cheers.

Changed mine on the DIS from unlock one door only to unlock/lock everything with one touch of the button. Auto locking at 5 mph still continues

I think DIS functions are a combinations of factors LOL.

e.g.

I have white cluster & retrofitted parking sensors but I have no settings in the DIS for it, im sure thats due to the revision of the PDC module.

I changed to latest network module & It corrected a fault with VCDS registering a central locking fault though it worked fine, but what it did was show a cluster warning light for my convertible roof (??) that was only sorted when I upgraded the convenience module to a newer version. This in turn added new functions to the DIS for locking doors & windows, still no parking function for wipers & despite being ticked, none of this gets the suggested gears working, guessing that will be an ECU thing.

I have a 57 a3 and mine does this press the key once and the drivers door opens and press again and the passenger door and boots opens I think it's rather annoying how do I change this to open everything with one press?

I don't have vagcom how much would I be looking at for a proper vagcom instead of the cheap stuff of eBay?

I think DIS functions are a combinations of factors LOL.

e.g.

I have white cluster & retrofitted parking sensors but I have no settings in the DIS for it, im sure thats due to the revision of the PDC module.

I changed to latest network module & It corrected a fault with VCDS registering a central locking fault though it worked fine, but what it did was show a cluster warning light for my convertible roof (??) that was only sorted when I upgraded the convenience module to a newer version. This in turn added new functions to the DIS for locking doors & windows, still no parking function for wipers & despite being ticked, none of this gets the suggested gears working, guessing that will be an ECU thing.

Hi,

Wich confort module did you use? So you're getting the same problem regarding the wipers as i do...
Just bought on ebay a wiper system from an 09 A3. Let's see if it solves this problem.

Regards.

Well the car arrived on Tuesday and these options are indeed in the DIS so I reconfigured the unlocking immediately! The prize for the most pointless option in there easily goes to the "brightness of the footwell lights" - err what on earth!?

a3_sline_tdi: If you want the setting changed then your dealer can do it although they might try to charge you for a bit of labour - sweet talk them :)

My old 56-plate didn't have options for this on the DIS and so I asked the dealer ahead of delivery to configure it the way I wanted. Despite this they still didn't get it right so I marched straight back into the showroom when I collected it and told them to do it straight away as I knew I'd get charged if I went back later.

Hi there people.

Problem solved :)
Just fitted the new wiper motor/control unit a the service position via DIS works perfectly.
One more problem solved.

Regards.