Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    6th Gear

Status

Latest DIS - locking configuration?

I've been informed by the dealer that the latest DIS on the A3 can be used to configure the locking configuration, both enabling disabling the convenience locking (i.e. single/double press to unlock drivers/all doors or just one press for all doors) and the drive-away locking (locks above 10mph, unlocks when you remove key from ignition).

Can someone with the latest DIS confirm that they can alter these two functions?

Cheers.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I seem to recall the convenience menu yes, sure it had autolocking listed, cant check mine atm as battery on bench charging.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    Im also 99% that it has both of these. My old company A3 (8P3) had these
    Brilliant Black A3 2.0T S-line Quattro Special Edition. S3 front brakes, Turbo back Milltek including race cat, APR Intercooler, Evoms air intake, AMD Stage 2 map, Upgraded OEM DV, Sachs Race Clutch, SMF conversion, Forge short shifters, S3 wing mirrors, S3 Rear end, Interior LED conversion, Bi-Xenon's, LED DRL's, BBS CH's, MY 09 Rear lights, Full leather, Tinted rear windows, Custom black front grills.

6th Gear

Status
    Cheers guys
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    I've been informed by the dealer that the latest DIS on the A3 can be used to configure the locking configuration, both enabling disabling the convenience locking (i.e. single/double press to unlock drivers/all doors or just one press for all doors) and the drive-away locking (locks above 10mph, unlocks when you remove key from ignition).

Can someone with the latest DIS confirm that they can alter these two functions?
    Cheers.
    Ive got this on my MY10 car!
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

is a retronaut

Status
    Yeah I was about to say I think this started on MY10s, mine is MY09 and doesn't have it, although it does have the advanced DIS menu.
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah looks like it coincided with the change to the white DIS

Born to Fish

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post

Cheers.
    Changed mine on the DIS from unlock one door only to unlock/lock everything with one touch of the button. Auto locking at 5 mph still continues
    2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.

6th Gear

Status
    I think DIS functions are a combinations of factors LOL.

e.g.

I have white cluster & retrofitted parking sensors but I have no settings in the DIS for it, im sure thats due to the revision of the PDC module.

I changed to latest network module & It corrected a fault with VCDS registering a central locking fault though it worked fine, but what it did was show a cluster warning light for my convertible roof (??) that was only sorted when I upgraded the convenience module to a newer version. This in turn added new functions to the DIS for locking doors & windows, still no parking function for wipers & despite being ticked, none of this gets the suggested gears working, guessing that will be an ECU thing.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

5th Gear

Status
    I have a 57 a3 and mine does this press the key once and the drivers door opens and press again and the passenger door and boots opens I think it's rather annoying how do I change this to open everything with one press?
    Current
    2006 56 A3 S Line 2.0 TFSI Special Edition Moro Blue

previous
    2007 A3 S Line 2.0 TDI 170 S-tronic phantom black
    2006 VW Golf Gti Black
    2008 S3 Dolphin Grey
    2007 A3 S Line 2.0 TFSI S-Tronic Ibis White
    2005 A3 S Line 2.0 TDI S-tronic Brilliant Red

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    vagcom.

5th Gear

Status
    I don't have vagcom how much would I be looking at for a proper vagcom instead of the cheap stuff of eBay?
    Current
    2006 56 A3 S Line 2.0 TFSI Special Edition Moro Blue

previous
    2007 A3 S Line 2.0 TDI 170 S-tronic phantom black
    2006 VW Golf Gti Black
    2008 S3 Dolphin Grey
    2007 A3 S Line 2.0 TFSI S-Tronic Ibis White
    2005 A3 S Line 2.0 TDI S-tronic Brilliant Red

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    I think DIS functions are a combinations of factors LOL.

e.g.

I have white cluster & retrofitted parking sensors but I have no settings in the DIS for it, im sure thats due to the revision of the PDC module.

I changed to latest network module & It corrected a fault with VCDS registering a central locking fault though it worked fine, but what it did was show a cluster warning light for my convertible roof (??) that was only sorted when I upgraded the convenience module to a newer version. This in turn added new functions to the DIS for locking doors & windows, still no parking function for wipers & despite being ticked, none of this gets the suggested gears working, guessing that will be an ECU thing.
    Hi,

Wich confort module did you use? So you're getting the same problem regarding the wipers as i do...
    Just bought on ebay a wiper system from an 09 A3. Let's see if it solves this problem.

Regards.

6th Gear

Status
    Well the car arrived on Tuesday and these options are indeed in the DIS so I reconfigured the unlocking immediately! The prize for the most pointless option in there easily goes to the "brightness of the footwell lights" - err what on earth!?

a3_sline_tdi: If you want the setting changed then your dealer can do it although they might try to charge you for a bit of labour - sweet talk them

My old 56-plate didn't have options for this on the DIS and so I asked the dealer ahead of delivery to configure it the way I wanted. Despite this they still didn't get it right so I marched straight back into the showroom when I collected it and told them to do it straight away as I knew I'd get charged if I went back later.

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi there people.

Problem solved
    Just fitted the new wiper motor/control unit a the service position via DIS works perfectly.
    One more problem solved.

Regards.