Headlight washer problem (07)

steve184

Reaction score
Defrosting my car this morning, and I noticed my washer jet covers (have bi-xenons) were sticking out of the bumper a bit and also the plastic painted part is loose and wobbly (but not fully detached) - only just noticed today and strangely both sides are similar although one side worse than other. Not checked yet if the jets still actually work properly, as because the car was froze i thought it not a brilliant idea to try them while frozen - will try later on perhaps when im sure they have thawed sufficiently.

Anybody else had this issue?

Yes. Mine were the same yesterday. I assume the water freezes and expands? I poured warm water down the gap behind them and that seemed to do the trick.

So nothing is wrong then? Just the cold that has caused it and they will sort themselves out? I've never noticed this before in any of the other 3 winters i've had the car!

Didn't notice it on mine last winter either. Mine also felt loose when they were stuck out slightly, so wouldn't worry about it tbh.

Had to clean my windscreen on my way home tonight, so pulled over, switched the lights off before using the windscreen washers so that the headlight washers didn't come on lol