Symphony - Rubbish Card Holder To Cup Holder

chrisdavies00

Reaction score
Guys,

Have ordered the Symphony Audio Bose System with my new Audi Sportback.

Why, oh Why, oh Why, have Audi put a rubbish card holder instead of a cup holder into
the allocated slot in the dashboard ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Both the card and cup holder are the same size, both externally and internally.

Am I the only one who thinks the cup holder is more useful ?
Can you change them over aftermarket?

card holder?? what type of card? credit card? just incase you run out of petrol and cant be bothered to put your hand in ur pocket!!!

dont really see you sitting there thinking... wow thank goodness i chose the card holder??!!

When I saw the card holder I thought "Great! Perhaps I can install my iPod in there somehow." Then I went and checked it for size and the iPod is a few milimeters too high /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So yes, in this case I would find a cup holder more useful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think that if you order the armrest you are supposed to get the dash mounted cup holder because the armrest blocks access to the cup holder in the centre console. Someone was talking about this in another part of the forum. If you don't order the armrest option then you probably just get the card holder.

If you order the 'Symphony' system (CD&Tape Player), instead of the 'Concert' then you don't have any option. The useful dashboard cup holder automatically becomes a rubbishy card holder... :-(

I put one of those tree shapes air fresheners in the "card holder"... every time I need to make the car fragrent, just pop the tray open for 30 seconds, then close it... job done!

I like the card holder, and hate the cup holders!!..

With the A4 you get both next to each other, but my car phone kit blocks the cupholder (dont care really!)...

There are already 2 cupholders in the A3, how much coffee on the go do you guys want!!!...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I had the card holder in an A4, if you put coins in it they can bounce out through gaps and go inside the dashboard when you go over bumps!

I specifically avoided the Symphony in my new A3 in favour of the Concert so i would get a cup holder.
Had the symphony in the A4 - a bit ugly and 6CD units are a pain anyway - you can never remember what's in them and the CD you want to listen to is always not in the unit when you want it!

Go Cup Holders!!