1st few days in S3

Matt2010

Reaction score
After trading in my GT-R for an S3, i thought i'd give a little review in the 5 days i've had it :)

Firstly, the weather has been crap so a bit hard to fully exploit the car (there is snow outside right now) but on the limited dry time i've had i have to say its a fantastic little car!

I spent the 2nd day cleaning/pre waxing/2 coats of raceglaze 55 wax/and sealing wheels just in time for bad weather.

Point to point its just brilliant and the smaller size makes its soooo much easier to drive on the little narrow roads i use as a shortcut and parking is far easier. Negotiating large speed bumps i don't have to grit my teeeth in fear of scraping the front splitter either. Its also remarkable comfortable coming from a GT-R and without the pitfalls of getting it up to temp without any jerkiness.
The GT-R is an awesome brutal machine but i just feel more comfortable and at ease in the S3 and dare i say it.... more enjoyable.

Of course the power is way down than i'm used to but as daily drive in town traffic/A roads it is perfect for my needs. It feels very nippy tho so not disappointed.

Have to admit i got an Evolve remap switch delivered on Sat and the new map should be with me Mon morning (thanks to jungleman for his advice). Just shame more snow is forcast this week.

So far so good and a nice forum here :)

i just wonder if you should have held out for an RS3 considering your previous metal :p

thanks for the review though - glad the (former?) halo car of our humble hatchback's line up can cut it with the big boys

i just wonder if you should have held out for an RS3 considering your previous metal :p

Got it delivered on Tue, bought Autocar the following day and saw the RS3 on the front cover! Not bothered tho as RS3 is only 4 door and not available for 4-5 months or so.
Remap should take S3 over 300bhp + more torque ;)

Glad your enjoying it mate. You will fall into the modding trap before you know it and I love raceglaze55! And although I don't own a GTR I could imagine how much more serene a S3 is compared to it...as a day to day driver with speed bumps and with 480bhp and a ridiculously fast nurburgring time...it doesn't surprise me at all you have changed. Anyways, like I said..Get modding!

Have to admit i got an Evolve remap switch delivered on Sat and the new map should be with me Mon morning (thanks to jungleman for his advice). Just shame more snow is forcast this week.

So far so good and a nice forum here :)

No worries Matt, glad to help
it will totally change the way the car feels, will just take a few miles for the map to settle which im sure you know as youve had maps before... now you just need a CAI and exhaust then your laughing haha

Big change in motors but glad your enjoying the S3. Must admit that the thought of a GT-R keeps passing through my mind but then I have to put my sensible head on as mines a second car so a lot of wedge sat in the garage. Remap on the S3 is the way to go, just wakens the car up ....... enjoy!

:tapedshut:
will happen tho, i didnt think i was going to do more then a map to mine, but that didnt last long
the CAI is worth it alone just for the noise it makes haha