Can I use the Denison ice Link w/Concert II?

djoblong

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can help me - I am getting an A3 and I have ordered the Concert II system with Bose Sound. This doesn't have a CD changer with it, just a regular CD player. The Denison web site says you need to integrate their product into the slot where the CD Changer goes. Has anyone tried to integrate into an A3 or an audi for that matter without having a CD changer?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Cheers

You will be fine with the Concert2 if you have no changer attached. I've not installed yet and have the symphony 2 but the connection is the same. You don't need any other cables apart from the ones that come with the Dension kit - although these aren't too long they are long enough to mount the ipod in the glove box or beside the head unit.

Good luck.

I'm also thinking about installing this Dension kit, probably only the cable though, already got mobile phone fitted, so room for another pod/cradle a problem. I was hoping to have the cable running up the central tunnel, allowing me to put the iPod in the "storage area" behind the lighter. So :-

a) is this cable long enough for that?
b) I've got a Symphony 2, once this cable is fitted, does that mean I can never use the CD changer? Or will the CD changer work when the iPod isn't connected?

Any advice/guidance greatly appreciated

funkycat: The cable is 90cm long. I'm also wondering if the cable is long enough to go to the armrest compartment. There's an extension cable available in case you want to install the iPod in the boot. The cable connects to the CD changer port on the back of the radio so therefore you can't use your CD changer anymore. I ordered my ice>Link Plus today so i hope to have it next week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hi Nelius

Out of interest where did you order your kit from and how much was it?

I have seen US websites offering them and a couple of sellers on the UK Ebay site too. Trying to work out what is the best value.

Also anyone got any tips on Auto Electricians in the West London area who can do the install for a reasonable price?

Cheers