Just about to buy a Sportback 2.0 T FSI quattro S-Line

actionslax

Reaction score
Sportback / 2006 / Black / 57k / Bose / Pretty standard.

Anything I should worry about? It's coming from a good home.
Just come from Subaru ownership so looking to do a few simple mods. Anyone got any obvious things I should look at doing?

Hopefully be around a lot more if all goes well!

Cheers for your help!

Stu

the 2.0T uses a lot of oil - this is something to be aware of. also it's fuel economy is shockingly bad

make sure the 4WD system has been serviced too.

mods wise, get a remap and pretty much any factory options that you want can be retrofitted. me personally, i'd get lower it first to improve the handling and fit RNS-E. then when you've gotten bored of the power give it a remap

good luck anyways. don't forget photos when you collect it!!

the 2.0T uses a lot of oil - this is something to be aware of. also it's fuel economy is shockingly bad

make sure the 4WD system has been serviced too.

mods wise, get a remap and pretty much any factory options that you want can be retrofitted. me personally, i'd get lower it first to improve the handling and fit RNS-E. then when you've gotten bored of the power give it a remap

good luck anyways. don't forget photos when you collect it!!

Have to disagree completely re oil consumption, I've done about 18K miles in mine and never had to add one drop.
Fuel consumption is not shocking at all but its a bit poor in town, that's all.
In mine in stock OR pump mode it can do up to 41 MPG on a dual carriageway and up to 32 on a motorway.
And yes make sure its had a 40K Haldex oil change.

Have to disagree completely re oil consumption, I've done about 18K miles in mine and never had to add one drop.
In mine in stock OR pump mode it can do up to 41 MPG on a dual carriageway and up to 32 on a motorway.

I agree with you mate mine doesnt use any oil whats so ever,where did you get your plugs from mate?

mine's needed topping up twice since it's last service 7k miles ago. a lot of ppl have said the 2.0T is oil thirsty

also i have no idea how you've managed over 40mpg in any conditions. mine's FWD (i.e. lighter) and even if i'm careful i struggle to get higher than 35mpg - but i suppose yours has been remapped which will make a difference

Last edited:
my oil consumption was bad when i first got it (5k miles), was using a good litre every 2-3k miles however settled down alot around 15k miles and its now using a litre every 8k-10k miles now, its got 51k on the clocks at the moment.

you'll want some puddle and warning lights me thinks......................... ;-)

mine's done 30k now... it's needed about 2 litres in 7k miles of motoring

at least it's not too expensive - i just paid £30 for 5L from an Audi main dealer Parts dept.

Last edited:
mine's needed topping up twice since it's last service 7k miles ago. a lot of ppl have said the 2.0T is oil thirsty

also i have no idea how you've managed over 40mpg in any conditions. mine's FWD (i.e. lighter) and even if i'm careful i struggle to get higher than 35mpg - but i suppose yours has been remapped which will make a difference

I used to drive 66miles a day to work, which was dual carriageway with a 40-50 limit then did 50 on a motorway, even with some inclines and traffic I could get over 40 mpg every day no problem with very careful driving :)
Also thats possible in with standard AND GIAC maps.

In town or when giving it some then its 15-20 mpg.

i have to agree with akash totally i get roughly the same figures as he does mine is also quattro its on 37k now was on 22k when i bought it 13 months ago it has not used a drop of oil in that time i had it serviced on 32k and it has not used any since the change either

i have to agree with akash totally i get roughly the same figures as he does mine is also quattro its on 37k now was on 22k when i bought it 13 months ago it has not used a drop of oil in that time i had it serviced on 32k and it has not used any since the change either

must be something about sheffield eh :p

Make sure the Haldex has been serviced and if you want to sell on at a decent price Audi Serv History is a bonus. Some do use oil as mine has used over a litre in 10k.

As for the mods, well where do you start - I do wish I'd had Panoramic roof, Auto lights and wipers and Xenons, All the rest I can change (too much work in these I feel).

My MPG is @ 29 and even when I try to be thrifty I cannot get above 35 from a tank (even using Shell Optimax or whatever its called).

About to have Bluefin done so will report the results back.

Then again I've just put deposit down for RS3 so MPG isn't really my main concern.

I used to have a 20TQ and loved it, no problems with oil consumption, it did use a bit but nothing excessive.Fuel consumption will suffer slightly being a quattro but you should achieve 30mpg average i would think depending on your type and style of driving.

Enjoy, nice car.

Mark

Regards fuel consumption, I think the 2.0T is one of those engines that can be quite reasonable but quickly gets thirsty when worked hard. If you drive it "briskly" a lot of the time, then you'll get much poorer economy.

This also seems to be born out by the countless reports I've seen saying that, in the A5, the economy is utterly shocking. This is no doubt because it has a much larger car to haul around and is thus working harder more of the time.

Great cars and I am really pleased with mine. The oil drinking problem I think depends on how the car is used. I do short runs and have to top the oil occasionally. service history is a must but otherwise they are nice cars....

Dont worry about fuel consumption, it wont be great, quattro kills it anyway!

If fuel is an issue get a TDI, arent TDI's the law now anyway? :)

AWESOME.

Thanks for all the advice. Going to start doing some hunting on the mods. Will check the Haldex.

Cheers

Stu

Been looking at a few things to start pimping:

★ To split or not to splt?
★ Roof rack - do allot of surf / snowboarding / biking
★ tint the back windows
★ some sort of phone/iphone kit
★ Sat Nav

Any tips on any of the above would be great. Off to do some forum searching.

Cheers
Stu

Definitely tint, sat nav and iPhone and BT. I'm not the biggest fan of split rims but it depends on the look you're going for.

I'd definitely lower before I consider new rims anyways but it depends on whether you value driving characteristics or looks

Expect to get ~ 30 MPG, or average of 300 from a full tank - its what I get.

Yes - Oil Consumption is high - the oil warning has triggered about 4 times now in mine having covered only 8K of miles since new.

KKP

2.0T fuel consumption = Shocking.
2.0T oil consumption = Shocking.
2.0T on the whole = Niiiccee.

You're going for one with two doors too many though. :ninja:

You're going for one with two doors too many though. :ninja:

depends - the 8P2s look best in 3dr but i think the 8P3s look better in 5dr. because the front end has bigger lights and things i think the 8P3 SB has better overall proportions.

you never know, he might be persuaded by us to do a Phil on his new car

Picked up my Sportback on Friday. Drove back from north of Bristol to Edinburgh and could have kept going!! ha ha. Enjoying the rattle free/smooth/refined drive - my Subaru was a harsh ride and loud inside (and out :) ). Looking forward to giving it some up north.

Really enjoying it so far and was defo worth the wait!

Good job you got Quattro if you live up North!!! Glad your impressed. The feeling won't go away I am sure!!