New shape A3/S3

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
It can't be far away can it? i know the RS3 is launching soon but it isn't anything massively radical. Reason i ask is that most of the new range have upgraded the keys, removed the handbrake for a switch, 'bigger' DIS and centre screens at a more eye level friendly height......to name but a few things.......

is this a sign that we havent got long to wait for a newer version perhaps? without the launch of the RS3 i would have thought 'yes'

Yeah looking like Spring 2012 for the first models then the remaining body shapes coming on stream later that year.

Works perfectly for me with my third A3 turning up on Tuesday on a two-year lease so renewal will be at the perfect time for the new shape :)

According to the French Magazine L'automobile.

A3 3dr + SB =2012
A3 Cab 2013
S3 2012
Q3 2011

We are unlikely to see much in the UK before Spring 2012 and then not the full range which is a pain as the model we are likely to want will almost definately not be a launch model hence we are going with a new BE soon.

yeah i think those timescales seem realistic given the time the existing 8P's have been 'out' - i'm just trying to do the impossible and time my way into an 8P S3 so as not to lose a million quid 18 months later - i know they hold better than most cars but a new model obviously has adverse effects on existing cars