RNSE question.

paddy

Reaction score
Ok...so I'm driving down the M11 and onto the M25 and suddenly the woman that tells you the route starts giving out traffic info ! now she has never done that before ! so what did i push to make that happen ?? Also....comming round the M25 to wards Heathrow airport and the route map switches from plan view to 45 degree angle view as i approach junctions and the map high-lites which lane i should be in. as i pass the junctions it goes back to plan view....so what did i press :) ??
****** technology !! you have it for 2 years and then it start doing things completely different :)

That's what happens when you leave the village and go to the City and you actually programme the RNS-E! :laugh:

iirc there's a setting to 'zoom in' on junctions - I guess this is what the lane indicator bit is? (it's in 'setup' when you're in nav mode iirc?)

When you say traffic info, do you mean that sat nav was reading it out or the radio? There's a TP function on the radio that will interrupt what you're listening to with local traffic news. If it's the satnav though, that's a new one on me and I look forward to hearing if anyone can explain this as it sounds useful!

Do you have MFSW? If you press the right hand (IIRC) thumbwheel she starts to read out route info.

Yea but now she is giving out traffic info as well as directions...! I mean the voice that tells you " take the third exit.bla bla !!

If you have mk2 RNS-E it will say 'Your route has been changed to avoid traffic' etc

Well here's my story about it, mine utterly shocked me the other day, I was on the motorway and suddenly with an urgency I've never heard before she said 'Leave the motorway at the next junction' I thought, hmmm next junction is the services, why has she asked me to leave?? Thirty seconds later it dawned on me when I saw a massive sea of red brake lights and thought ohhh sh@ite, here we go, going to be late now! Then she barks 'Exit left' as we approach the slip road for the services. I thought I might as well as I'm going nowhere fast anyway and in any case I can just rejoin the motorway again. She then says 'Turn left' after I turn towards the service area and I then spot a road without any signage whatsoever. I take it as it's either I rejoin the traffic or keep moving. She not only guides me to an A road adjacent to the motorway but then onto the motorway after missing two junctions and join with normal traffic movement! My mk1 RNS-E never did this once, but on the second day of installing my mk2 this happened. This still amazes me...

she says things like "caution traffic congestion in 3 miles. and.. Warning ! road works ahead etc :) Maybe she has just been sulking for the last 2 years....women eh ?
Mine is a 2007 model ?

And NO before you think of asking that question! :no::p

When i use mine there is a "D" in the middle of the direction arrow that shows in the small DIS in the binnacle. Much reading of handbooks later i figured out it means "dynamic mode." This takes into account traffic or road works congestion and can re-route you. I have heard her say once by surprise "Congestion ahead your route has been altered" or similar.

I use sat nav every day when visiting several addresses and have tried a few. I still don't trust them! Especially when they tell you they are changing a route!

Dynamic mode can be switched off btw.

How can i tell if i have Mk 1 or 2 model? (07 car)

How can i tell if i have Mk 1 or 2 model? (07 car)

If it's factory fit it'll be a mk1. The way to tell is mk1s have a CD/TV button, mk2s have a MEDIA button instead. There are a few other differences but this is the easiest and most reliable way to tell