First post - lets hope I don't make a fool of myself lol

Sock

Shark in a Goldfishes clothing
Reaction score
Ok, So I have an Audi A3 2.0l TDI (170bhp) and installed my bluefin last night. I could feel the difference straight away but just have a few questions to anyone who has one.

On previous diesels I have had , when they have been mapped I have noticed an increase in the smoke puff at the back but theres nothing at all with this one, is that due to the DPF?

Or does it mean I maybe able to get Superchips to tweek the map a bit more?

I have to be honest and say I could feel and improvement but was not massively impressed considering the cost but as I have the S tronic gear box it is taking some getting used to as the gear change is so much smoother than on a manual.

Does anyone else find that when you use the 'sport' mode on the gear box it maybe stays at the top of the rev range a bit to long before changing to the next gear? I feel the need to actually change gear myself as it feels like its thrashing the engine for no real purpose?

I look forward to your feed back :ninja:

The DPF will catch 90% of all the smoke produced so that would explain why there isn't any coming out the exhaust.

Bear in mind that, if the remap does produce more smoke, then the DPF may end up going through a regeneration cycle more often, depending on what type of motoring you do.

Thanks Vertigo,

I have often found that you notice the improvements after a remap over the following few days when you do a normal overtake or something and suddenly realise you do it quicker , if that makes sense? lol

All I did last night was go out and basically keep sticking my boot down and as I work shifts and dont finish till 10pm there was nobody on the road by the time I went out so nobody to 'play' with :(

Even the local boy racers had gone to bed by then so no saxo's or clio's either lol

Will go for a run this morning and see how It feels, If i still feel its lacking I'll contact soup&chips :)

First post - lets hope I don't make a fool of myself lol

Hello my name is SOCK

Mankind.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dam it!

I wish my dad would remove that photo from the internet! :(

... the S tronic gear box it is taking some getting used to as the gear change is so much smoother than on a manual.

Does anyone else find that when you use the 'sport' mode on the gear box it maybe stays at the top of the rev range a bit to long before changing to the next gear? I feel the need to actually change gear myself as it feels like its thrashing the engine for no real purpose?

Sport is pointless on the DSG. if you wanna drive Miss Daisy then leave it in D. if you wanna go up against a 1.0 Corsa with a go-faster bodykit you should have it in manual.

btw launch mode =

1. ESP off
2. into manual or sport
3. foot on brake
4. build up revs
5. release brake
6. smile :sly:

Sport works OK on the V6. Mine used to hold max revs for too long before changing so i know what you mean...you could hear it bouncing off the rev limiter for a second or two, then it would change . That said once i got it remapped it sorted it and it now changes quicker smoother and spot on the red line about a fag paper before the rev limiter.

btw launch mode =

1. ESP off
2. into manual or sport
3. foot on brake
4. build up revs
5. release brake
6. stop and pick up the pieces of you DSG.....be warned. ( only the V6 had it as STD so check you even have it.)

Last edited:
Sport works OK on the V6. Mine used to hold max revs for too long before changing so i know what you mean...you could hear it bouncing off the rev limiter for a second or two, then it would change . That said once i got it remapped it sorted it and it now changes quicker smoother and spot on the red line about a fag paper before the rev limiter.

btw launch mode =

1. ESP off
2. into manual or sport
3. foot on brake
4. build up revs
5. release brake
6. stop and pick up the pieces of you DSG.....be warned. ( only the V6 had it as STD so check you even have it.)

i've definitely got it, and the Golf GTIs did so it wouldn't make masses of sense for the 2.0T to not have it, tho i suppose i'm not sure with the 2.0 TDI

Mine does exactly this also, but I've only noticed it on the change up from 1st to 2nd.
Watch a few youtube videos which show the rev counter of DSG cars going through the gears and you'll notice they all do it too.

Mine's definitely got it and it's a 2.0T. I'm sure I've even seen the procedure written in my manual somewhere. Mentions that the launch control won't work until the car has warmed up.

I read about launch control in the handbook but it says get the revs up to 3200 ? And mine won't rev that high when stationary , how do I know if I have it?

Bluefin all sorted now, it's a lit more noticeable with the flappy padles so I just need to get used to using them

Any other tips for driving ?

Tride to find a thread on tyre pressures but no luck, should I use the recommended ones or what do others use??

Anyone? :p *whispers a little voice from the dark*

Mine hold up to 3000ish. I've only launched once, around 2400rpm because apparently that's the best balance between traction and power

Mines a diesel though so it will only let me rev up to about 2000 revs? So I assume this means I don't have it?

Lol knowing my luck I will shatter the gearbox and be left sat there like a pleb

Yeah you would think so wouldn't you but I have a long history of making the same mistake more than once, as my ex's would confirm :p